Surgery date has arrived - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date has arrived Surgery date has arrived

Unread 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Surgery date has arrived

Listen...this is important.

None of your doctors or nurses want you to feel pain because pain in and of itself can be dangerous. It can send you into shock. It can elevate your blood pressure. Pain management is an extremely important part of your overall treatment. No one is going to make you suffer. I promise that all effort will be made to control your pain because to do otherwise is unethical and unhealthy. There is a vast array of pain meds that will be available to you.

I hope you are able to get some rest tonight. This time tomorrow, all of this will be behind you, and you can begin your road to recovery! All the best to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Surgery date has arrived

Hi Gina I don't know if you will get this before you leave for the castle, but I wanted to let you know what you are feeling is fear of the unknown. I was feeling the same way before surgery.
I had a LAVH/BSO and got through it just fine. I know every one feels pain differently(I'm a big baby when it comes to pain). The first day there was some pain but it was handled through medication. I myself can't tolerate demerol so I had a pain pump of morphine. I only used it twice. I had three small cuts, one at the navel and one on each side of that. I had a cath and when they removed it there was no pain (I thought there would be). I also had a "packing" inside the vagina which collect and fluid and will be removed before you leave the hospital (no pain there either).
I did have a problem with the "gas" afterwards but it passed quickly.
please try to relax and try not to worry. You will be given meds and the next thing you know your in recovery.
Your sisters are here to help you in any way we can. Please let us know how you are feeling and we will see you on the post op side.
Unread 10-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Surgery date has arrived

I'm right behind ya, my big day is Monday. Freaked out and excited at the same time. So close to getting your life back to normal. It will all be worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2008, 03:19 AM
Surgery date has arrived

Well, getting ready to leave. Thanks all for your encouragement and good thoughts. Will let you know how it goes in a few days. God Bless all of you
Gina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register