Surgery date moved | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date moved Surgery date moved

Unread 09-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Surgery date moved

I got a call from the scheduler yesterday..they are moving my surgery back by 11 days because they are having a urologist assist. This sets me back because I was in my count down. I asked her when I should be able to return to work..she said 4 to 6 weeks! This has me traumatized! I teach middle school Art...heavy lifting all day..loads of classes..tough physical job. I am 63 and having total vaginal hysterectomy with cystocele and recto else repairs. This frightens me that I willbe forced back too early...my goodness...I have 187 sick days! What shouldI do...may be this is not the doctor speaking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Re: Surgery date moved

Even if you aren't working now, that should be plenty of time. I'm having bladder repairs by a uro too, my LOA is for 6 weeks. If you have been with your job for a while, you should be covered under the FMLA Act, and find out if you are eligible for short-term disability through your Insurance. You should be fine so long as you pamper the princess after your surgery and allow yourself to heal properly.
(((((HUGS))))) to you.
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks...I will work until surgery. I am covered with 187 paid days...saved over 31 years...also have disability. I want to have time to heal properly and not be forced back to work too early...if they say 4 weeks...yikes..can't imagine....I need to call the doctor. I have great insurance also..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2012, 07:59 PM

Good luck young zebra...keep in touch. I was scheduled for Oct. 4.. Now changed to Oct. 15... So we will be going through at the same time.
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:20 PM

I know that it's a little frustrating when your date gets changed. Absolutely everything happens for a reason. So I believe on your new surgery date, you will be in the right place at the right time with the right people lined up just for you. Don't fret too much over the other stuff too much. Change your leave dates to accommodate the new surgery date. There's still plenty of time and after the surgery when it's time to go back to work and you are not ready, explain to your doctor and request more time. Until the surgery, while you are working use student helpers to help with the lifting.

You are going to be fine. You've been preparing yourself for months and you've been doing a pretty good job of it. Keep doing what you are doing and try not to let the what ifs consume you. What ifs are strength stealers. Guard your strength

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM

You sound like you are very prepared Medfordart. Too bad they have pushed your surgery date back, but then again it is for an urologist assist. My mother always tells me, "Everything happens for a reason."

Best wishes for a peaceful and easy recovery and here's a ((HUG)) for you.
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM

Thanks for the advise. Little things really scare you. Breathe deeply...right.

My smart self knows that the doctors will take care of me and let me heal...the panicked self...out of control with a lot of what ifs...
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:32 PM

Oh my Westcoastself...you are also in my timeframe..hello sister! Hopefully we will all make this journey together ..,, wishing you the best!
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Thanks wandatd...starting to really stress..thought I had this on the right road...guess I need to re focus and get myself back in gear...maybe a massage would help........yikes.....breathe deeply.....haha
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medfordart View Post
Oh my Westcoastself...you are also in my timeframe..hello sister! Hopefully we will all make this journey together ..,, wishing you the best!
You too sister. It will be a lovely, calm, and healing autumn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register