Not Scheduled TVH Questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH Questions TVH Questions

Unread 02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Re: TVH Questions

Ok I am answering this on the assumption TVH stands for total vaginal hysterectomy. In the event I am incorrect which is possible disregard answer. The only time they put has into your abdomen is when they are doing an abdominal laparoscopic procedure either standard or robotic assisted, and the gas is only to blow you up so they have clearer sight of the surgical field. I am not a doctor though just a seasoned surgical patient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabecker View Post
Ok I am answering this on the assumption TVH stands for total vaginal hysterectomy. In the event I am incorrect which is possible disregard answer. The only time they put has into your abdomen is when they are doing an abdominal laparoscopic procedure either standard or robotic assisted, and the gas is only to blow you up so they have clearer sight of the surgical field. I am not a doctor though just a seasoned surgical patient.
Yip....that is what TVH stands for. Good information!
Unread 02-07-2013, 02:04 PM
TVH Questions

Quote:
Thank you, thats what i thought but was not totally sure...Thank you all for the help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2013, 02:05 PM
TVH Questions

I still have not heard anything from the hospital nor my OB...so I'm started to wonder if thats a good sign or bad...
Unread 02-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Don't buy trouble, try not to worry. We women worry ourselves to death. I just had my ovaries out 8 days ago so I am recovering all over again myself and I am buying myself tons of trouble. I may have ovarian cancer. I am a cancer survivor I was diagnosed at 19 and lost my cervix and uterus at 20 now at 29 I said goodbye to what was left and cancer is back on the table so I have webmd myself to death but just try not to worry.
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Don't buy trouble, try not to worry. We women worry ourselves to death. I just had my ovaries out 8 days ago so I am recovering all over again myself and I am buying myself tons of trouble. I may have ovarian cancer. I am a cancer survivor I was diagnosed at 19 and lost my cervix and uterus at 20 now at 29 I said goodbye to what was left and cancer is back on the table so I have webmd myself to death but just try not to worry.
Very well said! I think that the Internet is a good and bad thing all at the same time. I love it for educational purposes and support groups like this, but I have misdiagnosed myself more than once and freaked myself out.

Best wishes to you. A woman who was a "spiritual mom" to me was a 40 plus year survivor of ovarian cancer. All they had back then was cobalt treatment. She lived to be 86....passed away a year ago in January.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register