New here with questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here with questions New here with questions

Unread 05-05-2004, 06:22 PM
New here with questions

Hello all! I know Iam new and your all still getting to know me. My wednesday was pretty good also. I had my biopsy done (n was scheduled for 18th) but I have been in so much pain that when I called today they made it for 2:45 today!! Iam glad its over....I think my date will be the week of the 23rd of this month!!! He is moving fast! I was told I had uterine fibroids but now they ar e saying its something else. I just want ti all gone!! HAs anyone herd of Adeplomyosis?? Not sure of spelling, im trying to read Dr,s hand writting. He says that is what he thinks i have. Another question, has anyone been told about NovaSure System? Its a new way to do surgery for Heavy bleeding. He said I could have that done or a Hyster. Iam going fo the Hyster. Well hooe evryone has a great evening.
Hoping to get to know everyone soon!!
I love this site!!!

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 09:06 PM
New here with questions

Hi ((((Tammy)))) and Welcome to Hyster Sisters You'll see: this is a wonderful place where you'll find lots of support, information and even some s along the way.

I'm so happy that you were able to get in earlier for your biopsy. Please do take care of yourself. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon from the pain of the biopsy. If it continues for too long, be sure to give your doctor a call.

Could it be Adenomyosis that you've been diagnosed with? It's a condition similar to endometriosis. Here's a link to resources on that condition: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/link.php

Sending lots of s your way. Be assured that we'll be with you every step of the way.
Unread 05-07-2004, 05:16 AM
Adenomyosis

My 3rd gyny (3 opinions) said adenomyosis can only show up, after a hyst contents are examined. Fibroids supposedly show up on a pelvic ultrasound. What I noticed with me, progestorone which stoped the bleeding made my periods soooooo painful and heavy when I stopped taking them. (which I read is a symptom of adenomyosis)

My 3rd and fav gyny gave me 4 options - curette, won't last long term probably. Mirina, like a UD inserted in the uterus, not that successful. Ablation (i think it's called) where they kind of burn the inside of the uterus, which isn't that successful either OR a hyst!

I'm so tired of the pain and the blood I'm going for a hyst but I hear the Mirina (spelling?) is recommended to many women to try. I think 20% of women find it doesn't improve a thing.

I want 100% guarantee - I'm 50 and petrified of the op but looking forward to feeling 'normal' after I recover.

God bless u my dear x x x x x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register