question anyone know please answer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

question anyone know please answer question anyone know please answer

Unread 11-03-2004, 08:28 AM
question anyone know please answer

Do you have stitches down below after a LAVH i have my pre-op tomorrow .just wondering and do you have stitches anywhere else .and where will i be cut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Best whishes

I don't have an answer for you, but I couldn't read this without letting you know that you will be in my prayers. Good Luck, and I'm sure you'll do fine. Someone will answer your question soon, that's how we work here.
slh
Unread 11-03-2004, 08:35 AM

I believe that an LAVH means you won't have any external stitches at all. You will, however, have INTERNAL stitches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2004, 08:44 AM

Blee-

I had internall stitches from my VH. You really don't know they are there until they start falling out. God luck and take care of yourself.

Michelle

09/28- VH, rectocele and cystocele repair
Unread 11-03-2004, 09:20 AM

Blee,
I had a LAVH (with BSO) on Aug. 24, 2004. The LAVH is Laparascopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy. (BSO means both ovaries were removed.) For the laparascope, I had three "tiny" incisions (approx. 1/2 inch each) in my belly. Two were quite low -- near my hip bones -- and one was inside my belly button. Each had several tiny stitches. These dissolved later, so they didn't need to be removed. Each incision was covered by a regular band-aid for the first few days after surgery. In addition, I had internal stitches, but I don't know how many. These dissolved too but, as a number of us have noticed, there is sometimes some evidence on the toilet paper after we wipe. Hope this helps. It's amazing what they can do in surgery these days.

Barbara
Unread 11-03-2004, 09:25 AM

When I had my LAVH I had internal and external incisions. I had 4 small incisions on my abdomen - each had a couple stitches in it. The internal incisions are inside where organs have been removed and in the vgina where the vaginal cuff is created when the cervix is removed.

s
Unread 11-03-2004, 10:31 AM

I had 1 on either side of my belly button and 1 at the inside bottom of my belly button. Those on either side are for the scope's legs. The one inside is for the scope itself. As others have said, the internal stitches are from where the vaginal cuff is formed.

My stitches were covered with steri-strips. Band-Aid was removed the night of surgery.
Unread 11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
thanks alot

thank you for the help in answering my questions

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register