Bowel movements? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel movements? Bowel movements?

Unread 12-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Re: Bowel movements?

I had not seen this thread and I posted a question not too long ago. I was afraid I was not making sense in my post but I am now thankful to see that I am not the only one as you have all described exactly how I feel. It is painful but hopefully we will all feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2013, 09:38 PM

I actually seen my dr this week for 2 week follow up....she said it was very normal...it does get better though
Unread 12-23-2013, 10:03 PM

Two stool softeners a day, lots of high fiber foods, a glass of fiber like citrucil, water, water, water, and walking around the house... Even slow, small steps. It gets better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2013, 10:36 PM

Today was just awful. Hours after BM im still hurting. Stabbing shock pains very low. Going for post op appt Friday.
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:57 AM

Hi ladies! MILK OF MAGNESIA!! it works!!! This was a tip from another Hystersister and it really works wonders
Unread 12-24-2013, 02:30 AM

I have no problem with it being soft. Its the act of going itself. I cant imagine being constipated.
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:05 AM

I'm going into week 5 post op and it's still all about the BM's I thought I could get off the stool softeners about a week ago and just use Metamucil but it wasn't enough...so, like Urethra Franklin said, the best bet is lots of fibrous foods, stool softeners (I take 3 a day) and lots of water. My doctor told me he didn't care if I pooped "soup"...yeah, his words..I needed to keep my stools soft and not strain. When my bowels got backed up a week or so ago I was in such pain I thought I was having a heart attack. One of my friends brought me a salad after I got out of the hospital and I really "pooped" well after eating that so I got the ingredients and made that yesterday...it is the one with Ramen noodles and coleslaw or broccoli slaw, slivered almonds, sesame seeds, etc. You can find a recipe online but it is full of fiber. Another thing is that I got terrible pain a couple of nights after eating ice cream (too much of it) and a strawberry smoothie the other night. My doctor told me dairy is the hardest thing for the bowels to digest especially at night so I am being real careful with dairy. Our bowels were moved all around during our surgery and they will take a while to settle...I am still having cramping off and on and probably it is related to my bowel activity. Hope this helps someone.
Unread 12-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Bowel movements?

Hi ladies, I'm glad i found this site. Its been 4 days since my surgery and feeling crappy. Surgery went well and pain not so bad, but I hadn't had a BM since before the surgery so I took some milk of magnesium to help and the BM are so painful I was just wondering how long that would last? It hurts worse to have a BM than the actual surgery pain.
Unread 12-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Bowel movements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggr2013 View Post
Hi ladies, I'm glad i found this site. Its been 4 days since my surgery and feeling crappy. Surgery went well and pain not so bad, but I hadn't had a BM since before the surgery so I took some milk of magnesium to help and the BM are so painful I was just wondering how long that would last? It hurts worse to have a BM than the actual surgery pain.
I had my surgery on 12/12/13 and have the same pain. Yesterday was the worst. Felt like labor but a million times worse. My post op appt is Friday. Maybe ill have some answers...
Unread 12-24-2013, 09:09 AM

Every time i move my bowels I have slight vaginal bleeding. Is that normal? I take stool softeners three times a day and I have been going regularly. No pain either, just that little bit of bleeding.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register