Have my Date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Have my Date

Talked to my doc's receptionist today. I will have my surgery on November 8 at 10:30. I was hoping for first thing in the morning, but I suppose this counts as by the time I get up, and get to the hospital early it will be early enough in the morning. When I had my lap for endo, I didn't have surgery until 1:30 in the afternoon. That morning sucked not being able to eat and all!

I couldn't believe the list of appointments they made me! Pre-op at the office, then an hour later pre-admission at the hospital. Then a suture removal a week after surgery and a post-op 4 weeks later.

I'll be glad to get this overwith. Its been consuming my thoughts since June when I had to have a blood transfusion and and emergency D&C. The unknown is what is really driving me crazy. I know from you all and what my doc has said, and what my family members who have been through it have said what should happen. But, like my sister is going to come up the first few days I'm home so my boyfriend doesn't have to miss work or the first weekend of hunting season (he just started a new job in July so doesn't have much earned time off, and hunting means a lot to him...he can hunt in the woods behind our house, so he'll only be gone for 3-4 hours at a time).But my sister is trying to figure out how incapacitated I'll be and what she'll have to do. I just want to take recovery one day at a time. I can feel the stress already of having her (and her dog) around the house. I think I'll suggest she stay with my parents and be at my house during the day when my boyfriend isn't around as she wants to bring all 3 cats too. I've got 3 of my own to contend with. That will be tough enough, especially since the oldest is very needy, and one of the kittens likes to bounce everywhere she goes! I'm thinking all I will need for help is someone to get me food when I want it, and to be around in case I have trouble getting up or down, and to help keep track of when I;ve taken pain meds etc. I plan to sleep in my bed upstairs, and spend the days on the couch for a change of scenary. We've got bathrooms on both levels.

Maybe I'm delusional.
Katy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Have my Date

Hi

I just got my date too!! I originally had a date for July but that didn't work out so now my date is Dec 1st.

I am like you not knowing how I will feel afterwards and how much help I will need. I am having a laparoscopic hysterectomy with vaginal repair, what are you having??

I have a cat and 2 kids and not sure how much time hubby will need to take off but my mum has offered to come over too which is nice.

I too would appreciate any advice and wish you lots of luck as this waiting thing is tough!
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Have my Date

Congratulations on your dates before you know it you will be going to the castle. I was scheduled to have surgery at 9:00am and to be at the hospital at 7:30 but they rescheduled for me to have surgery at 7:00am and be at the hospital at 5:30 now. So maybe yours will get moved up too. Good luck to you girls I get to visit on wed and I can't wait for it to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Have my Date

Mine will be abdominal. I've got way too many adhesions for any other route. Plus they'll clean up any endo seen at the time. Although I've been on Lupron for 4 months now. Will be almost 5 when I have surgery. Plan is to leave the cervix and ovaries if they are not diseased. It is likely that one ovary will come out due to an endometrioma. Its the one I had surgery on before, and my old doc before I moved last year was keeping an eye on a new cyst on the same ovary. Hopefully the other one can stay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register