Two and a half weeks out with leg pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two and a half weeks out with leg pain Two and a half weeks out with leg pain

Unread 05-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Two and a half weeks out with leg pain

I am 2 1/2 weeks out from my LSH. At about the 4 th day post op, I started having pain in my right leg. It goes from my hip to my ankle. I have been back to the ER and I do not have a blood clot. It is getting bad enough to make me limp and it feels like my muscles are pulled or overused and I know I have been taking it easy so I didn't pull my muscles.....also my muscles are twitching......even the muscles in my buttocks. Is this at all normal? Anyone else ever have this? I'm getting concerned!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Re: Two and a half weeks out with leg pain

I read a post on here a while ago where someone talked about post op hip/leg pain. You might be able to type that into the search bar and see what comes up. I think If I remember correctly the replies all had something to do with your legs being in stirrups during the operation.Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe this will put you in the right direction for searching for answers.
:cathugs:
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM

I am almost 2 weeks out from my surgery date and have similar problems. When I woke up both of my feet felt numb, so I figured no biggie just from laying still, so started wiggling my toes as much as possible. However by the next morning when it came around time to stand and go to the bathroom for the first time, my right leg from the knee down was numb on the outside part. They called it nerve palsy, and it was from the postioning during surgery. Said it should go away in 2 weeks, if not gone by 6 then Dr said I get physical therapy. However, I am 2 weeks out, and it has NOT improved and has even gotten worse the last few days. Now not only does it go numb and tingling, and my foot turn in while walking, but at nights, it feels like I have an ENTIRE spider nest crawling down my leg. If I move my leg the muscle feels frozen, then when I use the muscle it feels like it is breaking in two. I'm so over this leg pain! I hope yours gets better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2012, 06:14 PM

I'm having something similar but different. I am 16 days post-op. About a week ago I started having pain in my left gluteus muscles, like in the center of my buttock. It seemed to get worse after walking at that time. Now I have pain in both sides, not always at the same time, and it doesn't seem to relate to anything other than it gets worse when it's time for my anti-inflamatory drugs.

My right leg feels more like nerve pain and I have it shooting all the way down below the back of my knee. It is the absolute worst when I ride in the car....something about that seated position aggravates it badly.

Yesterday I had a massage with a women who has a lot of experience with post-op patients. She said she could feel and actually see the butt muscles spasming. It felt so good to have those areas massaged, but it certainly didn't fix the issue. I'm going in for a post-op checkup on Monday. I'm going to talk to the doc about it. Right now it is the most painful part of my recovery.
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:16 PM

Oh, forgot to mention that the other thing that makes it hurt the most is bending over. I think it may have something to do with using my gluteal mucscles to compensate for my abdominals. My guess is that the muscles and fascia are inflamed and are disturbing some nerves.

UGH!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register