Adenomyosis... laprascopic hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis...  laprascopic hysterectomy Adenomyosis... laprascopic hysterectomy

Unread 06-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Adenomyosis... laprascopic hysterectomy

Ladies,

I just found out I have adenomyosis. I am experiencing pain all month long now, as well as all other period symptoms. Anyone else going through this?

My question to you is, are any of you scheduled for a laprascopic hysterectomy? The doctor said he will be leaving my cervix, which sound fine- the benefits of that look good.

My concern is that I will continue to have a period after this is over with. I am coming up with all these questions, I am so thankful for this site!

Thank you,
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 08:18 PM

I was scheduled for a LAVH and when my GYN went in he discovered my uterus was enlarged and boggy. Instead of converting to an abdominal, he just sectioned out my uterus and was able to remove it vaginally. He removed my cervix, I had never asked prior to the surgery. Don't know if it was routine or because of the sectioning? Anyway, good luck with your surgery! For me, 13 days out, I feel great!
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:27 PM

I had adeno also, didn't know it prior to surgery but had all the awful symptoms, and fibroids.... I had TVH so they took my cervix. There is a small chance of mini periods if your cervix is left, you should talk to your gyn if you have concerns of this. I no longer have any pain or symptoms....i feel great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 08:28 PM

That is great about how you are 13 days out and feel great! That is encouraging because I am so ready to get this taken care of.

That is interesting that he found that out in the surgery. Sounds like you are on the right track is that it was because of sectioning. My doctor checked and said he would keep the cervix and I have been reading that it is left often, so that might be your case. Keep on feeling great and happy healing!
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:30 PM

Hi K- I have adeno with pain all month long too I just scheduled my LAVH/BSO today. I am having everything removed though so I am not 100% sure about your situation. Just wanted to introduce myself as another woman w/ adeno if you ever want to chat. Take care, Sarah
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Jersi- thanks!

Sarah Thank you, too. I just started having the pain all month long a couple of months ago. How long have you dealt with that?

Also, I am having major sore and swollen breasts now, too. Do you experience this?
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:53 PM

I have adeno and am scheduled for a vaginal hysterectomy for June 13th. My Doc. wants to go vagainally since my uterus is a bit large, and I have had plenty of kids to make the entrance large enough for the vaginal surgery. He prefers to remove the cervix, and in the office, I was good with that. It was soooo quick, with me asking him a billion questions (the hyster sisters questionnare was great! What is confusing to me is the different surgeries, and how the recovery differs. Sometimes I worry about getting the swelly belly band, but it sounds like it isn't needed if you have a vaginal surgery.

Sorry, I got off track! Adeno has basically created a terrible daily pain, where the pain is in my pelvis, back (like a kidney infection), achiness radiates down my legs (like the flu), and nausau to top it off. Oh, yes, I forgot about the fact that I look 3 -4 months pregnant. No breast issues yet, but I will keep you posted! I believe that I have been dealing with this since 2000, but the syptoms disappear during pregnancy and nursing. It comes in cycles, and it has gone away, but now has been back for over 4 months, and is unbearable. I am to the point that I feel that I am failing my work, husband and kids. The quality of life is gone. Sorry, I didn't mean to depress you - it can only get better!!!

Good luck and best wishes! I am here for you if you ever need to chat. No one is alone with this many Sisters!!!

Princess Gretchen
Unread 06-07-2007, 08:12 AM

I had endo and adeno and had an LSH. They left my cervix at the time, I later had to have it removed. But I didn't have any spotting or anything after my hyst. The doctor said it was a possibility, but I never did. Having the lap done wasn't bad at all. There is a shorter healing time too.
Unread 06-07-2007, 08:26 AM

i had an lsh in october. i didnt have adeno but i wanted to tell you that i have no mini-periods and no problems at all since my surgery. i just dont get a period/cramping/clots, etc. its been fantastic. i kept my ovaries also. the recovery was very quick! good luck
Unread 06-07-2007, 11:46 AM

Because the cervix is the bottom portion of the uterus and not a seperate organ, it can have endometrium which can respond to hormones. Thus, you can continue to have cramps and mini periods. There is no line telling the doctor where to cut to be sure that the portion of the uterus that has adeno is removed. Somewomen keep their cervix and have no problems. Others continue to have problems and as one member above mentioned, they end up needing a trachelectomy (removal of the cervix).

My cervix was removed because of endo and I have never missed it!

Have you had a second opinion about what might be best for you? Talk to your doctor about all of your questions and concerns so you can do what is best for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register