TAH & BSO vaginal bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH & BSO vaginal bleeding TAH & BSO vaginal bleeding

Unread 12-31-2007, 10:06 AM
TAH & BSO vaginal bleeding

Hello Eveyone:

I had my TAH & BSO on 12/18. I am still having vaginal bleeding. It goes from light pink to red. It seems like it accumulates when I am lying down and then when getting up to urinate after all night sleeping, it spills into the toilet and seems like alot of blood.
If I did not change my pad for cleanliness, I would not have to change my pad all day.

I am not doing too much -- I don't even lift a gallon of milk.

Any thoughts??? I don't want to have to call the DR if I don't have to.

Thanks for your input!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 11:44 AM

I was told any large amount or "red" blood, requires a call to the Dr. It is always better to be safe and make sure it is nothing. Instead of hoping it is nothing. Please call you doctor.
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Update

I passed a large amount of blood with a clot and the DR stated it was from the vaginal cuff and that the bleeding should slow down now -- which it has --alot. I am having barely no bleeding now. Had TAH with BSO 12/18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 05:34 PM

I had a TAH/BSO a day before you did, and I've had no vaginal bleeding or discoloration since I left the hospital 3 days after my procedure.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better and continue to improve. I guess I'm lucky.....I've not worn a pad since the 21st of December and have had no issues thus far.
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:20 PM

Hi , I agree with these other ladies. I spotted for exactly 5 weeks after my TAH/BSO which my doctor told me to expect . If I bled more heavily than usual or if it was bright red I was to call her. At 2 weeks out that happened. I called her and she did an exam. It turned out that I had "popped" a stitch but was still healing normally. The light spotting returned after a couple of days. It is always better to be safe than sorry so I would really encourage you to give your doctor a call. Hang in there!

s and Blessings, Lisa
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:10 PM

I had a TAH/BSO on Dec. 21st. I had very light spotting for the first three days in the hospital, but nothing since. I've even been going without underwear most of the time because my skin is so sensitive on my belly that it's just more comfortable to not have anything confining at all.... I would definitely put in a call to my dr. office and let them know about your bleeding.

Take care..... :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register