Had a great pre-op doc visit!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had a great pre-op doc visit!! Had a great pre-op doc visit!!

Unread 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Had a great pre-op doc visit!!

I've been stressed for weeks, anxious about my pending surgery next Tuesday, full of questions, panicing, crying, laughing at myself, preparing, obsessing, crying some more...but today...I had a really good day!

I had my pre-op appointment with my doc. I'd been compiling a list of questions for weeks, and went into her office like I was preparing for battle...wanting an answer to ever question, that would soothe the anxiety, and again reassure my comfort that I'm making the right decision. She smiled at my list, but was patient, and gave me all the time I needed, explaining thoroughly the surgery, the risks, the good, the bad, and the ugly. She answered all my questions, and asked several times if there was anything else I could think of, and encouraged me to call, if I thought of anything else after I left. I felt heard. I even cried, and she reassured me how "normal" I was feeling...much like all my hystersisters have!

The best news (in my opinion)...no bowel prep!!! Yeah!!! I feel blessed that I'm comfortable with my doc. For me, it makes me feel confident in her abilities which is ultimately in my best interest. I wish you all well in your surgery and recovery. Thanks for letting me ramble...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Re: Had a great pre-op doc visit!!

I am glad your appointment went well! That is great news!

Unread 11-16-2009, 04:51 PM

Nothing beats having a dr. who understands, listens and explains everything. It sounds like you're going to be in very good hands for your surgery and recovery. Wishing you the best of both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2009, 04:52 PM

I am right there with you, my Pre-OP is Wednesday. I am getting a little nervous as my TAH is 11/23. I have so many questions. I have a new OBGYN, my old OBGYN retired two years ago and I had gone to him for 19 years. I was hard to find a new one and then to have to bring all this "baggage" with me. But so far I like the new doc and he has been very understanding and answers all my questions and he is learning....I have a lot of questions.
I am glad your Pre-OP went good, that has to make you feel somewhat better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register