Need input from those who know :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need input from those who know :) Need input from those who know :)

Unread 04-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Need input from those who know :)

I am just wondering what you ladies think. I am now 39, turning 40 in September, I had a TAH in April of 2003.. (have never regretted it even for a moment ).. Kept both ovaries .. I have been on on synthroid for 17 years currently .150mg, and take Welbutrin XL 150mg for "PMS" symptoms that I still have. I also take one a day women vitamins.

Since approximately last September or so I have had a rash that comes and goes. Dermotologist said it is dry skin and gave me some good cream for it. In the mean time I am itching alot, mainly my scalp (no rash or bumps etc) and my legs and arms. I have been having hot flashes/flushes where my neck and face get all red and night sweats, usually a couple times a week, then they don't appear for a couple weeks at a time. The sweats are not enough to have to change IF I am sleeping in something, but are enough to cause noticable sweat in the cleavage and groin area. I also am up using the bathroom in the night which I havent done since I was pregnant with my twins 11 years ago. Once I am done and settled back in, of course I can't go back to sleep which leads to a cranky chick! I am also having problems with memory .. walk into a room and can't remember why, forget names, or what I was just thinking that I needed to do etc. Then there is the libido. In my head I am wanting it all the time ... then .... I am too tired ... or if I go there, it takes a little longer for the excitement to catch up to me. I also have been having a pinching, aching where I think that my ovaries must be. That too comes and goes.

I see my endrocronologist annually. At my last appointment in November I asked him to check my hormone levels, which he did. my FSH was 8 miu/ml and LH was 9 miu/ml. He said that this is fine.

I am seeing my gyno for the 1st time since surgery in a few weeks and am of course going to give him a list of all of the symptoms .. but am wondering what you guys think. I have looked at the too much/too little list, but it seems like my symptoms fit into more that one category ...

Thanks ladies
Shan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 05:39 PM

I'm 48 with ovaries, so I'm not your age, but I do have the itching symptoms that you have, and the sleep issues. I went on estradiol a month ago, and I feel so much better, sleep better. I still itch though. My dr. ordered a saliva test through the women's pharmacy in Madison, WI and I will do that in what would have been my mid cycle in early May. The books I've read indicate that a blood test is not ideal if it doesn't show the available hormones, and sometimes when you are on the low end of normal, you still need to supplement. And then there's the whole hormone issue anyway, ie, whether one should take them at all. So, good luck on your search. There are two women Dr's who wrote great books on this subject, and they are Northrup and Vliet.
Unread 04-22-2005, 05:40 PM

I recently discovered something to help me in many ways. And it helps me to sleep like a baby! My body feels so much more balanced.

I ordered the Progesterone cream from the HS store, and I am telling you, I will NEVER live without that cream again. I only wish I had discovered it sooner.

I've used the estrogen Vivelle dot for quite a while and I love it but my body still didn't seem balanced. I did some research and realized that I probably needed to give the Progesterone cream a shot. I ordered it on a Friday from the HS store and Kathy shipped it out that very afternoon. I received it the following Monday.

I cannot say enough good things about this cream. My overall mood is so vastly improved. I have more energy! Even my husband has remarked on that. Mostly, I am praying that it helps me with a broken toe that just will not heal. I broke it on January 31st and have worn an orthopedic healing shoe day and night since then. It isn't even near half way to healing yet. I see the podiatrist again next Friday and I am hoping that more healing has taken place.

Our bodies need balance. Estrogen alone just wasn't enough for me. And the biggest surprise of all is that it has already helped me in the libido department.

Here is a list of some of the things that natural Progesterone cream does:

SOME OF PROGESTERONE'S MANY ROLES:
· Natural Anti-depressant
· Helps the Body Use Fat for Energy
· Promotes restful sleep
· Facilitates Thyroid Hormone Activity
· Normalizes Blood Sugar Levels
· Restores Proper Cell Oxygen Levels
· Alleviates Hormone Related Migraine Headaches
· Natural Diuretic (prevents water retention)
· Normalizes Blood Clotting
· Normalizes Monthly Cycles
· Protects Against Breast Fibrocysts
· Helps Prevent Breast Cancer
· Helps Prevent Endometrial Cancer
· Necessary for Survival of Embryo & Full-Term Pregnancy
· Maintains Lining of the Uterus
· Stimulates Osteoblast Function (Bone Cell Re-Building)
· Precursor for Corticosteroid Production (Arthritis/Joint Pain)
· Helps Protect Against Heart Disease
· Helps Protect Against Petrochemical Compounds
· Restores Normal Libido

This is definitely something that my body needed. I am so thankful to have finally bought some. I don't know what is causing your itching though--perhaps you have developed an allergy to the synthoid.

You may wish to ask you gynecologist about compounding some progesterone cream after testing to see the correct amount that your body needs. I hope you find some answers. It truly is a hormone jungle out there. I am really thankful to feel so much better since I began using the progesterone cream.

Good luck to you!~Moonchime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi

I have the itching on the scalp you are talking about. The only thing that seems to make it go away, are regular doses of my flaxseeed/fish oil caps, evening primrose oil caps, and CoQ-10.

I'm thinking my body is dry, (possibly from hormones), and these oils lubricate my scalp. When I miss a few days, I really notice a difference with the itching..

Good Luck!
Unread 04-23-2005, 11:53 AM

{{{{{{{My Hystersisters}}}}}}} ... Thanks for the replies ladies

Does anyone know where the numbers I am at actually fall? I mean am I really in the normal range? I have been reading Suzanne Sommers book, and it says in there that the numbers are really not all that indicative.

This is sooo confusing LOL

Shan
Unread 04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Reply to Shezspunke

You mentioned that you are taking Synthroid. I'm not sure how long you've been on it, but a rash is sometimes an allergic reaction to the synthroid. That happened to one of the girl's I work with and it took a long time to figure out what was going on. Her doctor switched her to Armour thyroid and she's doing great now. Just a thought.....
Unread 04-27-2005, 03:56 AM

Hi Rona

I have been on Synthroid for 17 years now. I started at a fairly low dose of .25 (wow had to think back, and that is hard these days ) and am now on .150. When I go to the gyno in a few weeks, I will mention that too him ...

Thanks for the thought
Shannon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register