Just Had Post-Op Check Up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Had Post-Op Check Up Just Had Post-Op Check Up

Unread 06-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Just Had Post-Op Check Up

Hi Sisters,

well tomorrow I will be 5 weeks post-op and I'm feeling just fine. I had a crying spell yesterday but I guess that's just to be expected - up and down like a rollercoaster at the moment!

I've just been to see my doctor to get the results of the blood test I had last week as he wanted to make sure that I'm not anaemic, that I don't have any signs of internal infection and also to see if the HRT is working.

I'm not anaemic, there's no infection but the HRT isn't quite there yet. My pituitary is still producing excess hormones for my ovaries (which obviously have now gone AWOL!!!) but it may be a bit too soon to change things just now and he wants to repeat the blood test for my hormones in August. I told him that I'm feeling fine in myself - no hot flashes or cold sweats, so he's happy to give it a bit longer.

He said that my blood platelet count was a little high but this is only to be expected after surgery and he's not concerned about it.

He did say that depending on the results of my next blood test in August (if HRT is in working order) he wants me to have a bone scan to check for any early signs of osteoporosis. He can give me medication for it to work alongside the HRT to stop my bones from becoming thin. Also, I don't see Mr Arthur (my gyn) until 1st August anyway so I can have my blood test while I'm up at the hospital.

So, I now only have 2 weeks and then I'll be going back to work!! Yippee! Can't wait to start my new job. My new boss has agreed that for my first week I can work just 3 days (Mon, Wed, Fri), then 4 days the week after and then hopefully by the third week I'll be able to work a full week. They also understand that I might get tired very easily for some period of time and so they have said that if I need to finish work early because of this, then that's fine.

Anyway, that's the latest update. I can't believe it's been 5 weeks tomorrow since my surgery. I didn't think that time would go so quickly.

Rowdy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 08:02 AM

Hi Rowdy,

Looks like you had a fabulous check up! Hurray!

Your new bosses seem like they'll be great to work for!

You are just full of good news this morning!

Unread 06-16-2005, 09:50 AM

Hi Bitslbt,

yes, I am glad that I'm having good news at the moment.

I just hope that my recovery continues to be as good as the last 5 weeks!!

Hope you're keeping OK.

Take care.

Rowdy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Had my six week check up yesterday. My internal exam showed that my vaginal cuff has healed well. I'll be able to return to my volunteer job on June 30. I've been released to slowly return to all my normal activities, as long as I take things slowly there are no restrictions. The doctor said I should expect to take 6 months before I've fully recovered. I have to keep taking my iron supplements until I'm 6 months post-op. Like you...so far so good!

Thanks for asking!

I hope your road to recovery remains smooth!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register