Hysterectomy at 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy at 22 Hysterectomy at 22

Unread 10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Hysterectomy at 22

Hi,my name is Judy and i am new here. I just had my hyst. 3 days ago and i am only 22. I had endometriosis very bad so it was my last resort to get rid of the pain and bleeding. I am very big on my weight, i have struggled with it all my life and im scared to death of all the stories of weight gain after the surgery, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have experienced MAJOR weight gain or if it is just a myth????

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Hysterectomy at 22

Dear Judy,

You are a very brave woman to face this surgery, especially so early in your life. I admire your strength in getting yourself through this. I wish I could help you in addressing your specific question. I did gain weight from the surgery, but now that I am 7 weeks post-op, I realize I've lost weight. My guess is that as you were having so many issues you were facing that might have been driven by hormonal problems, you might find it easier to control your weight now that you have had your hyst.

If you look under forums at the hysteritaville club house links, you'll see that there are many women who are employing their surgery as a means to a better self and self-image. Here's the link I mean:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=204

I admire you for facing your health issues right now, while you are young enough to make a significant life change to enhance your future. I hope your recovery goes well.
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Hysterectomy at 22

Hi Judy,
So far I have experienced weight loss since my hysterectomy, so I think it varies person to person. My suggestion would be to talk to your Dr. about your concerns and he may have some ideas to keep you on track. Take good care of yourself you are an amazing woman and I admire you for taking care of your health issues at such a young age. This is an awesome site for support, you are in the right place.
Val
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Hysterectomy at 22

Hi Badidah

I read your post and it's like I am talking to my daughter, she too is 22 yrs.
I had my hyster on August 3, 2006, I had large fibroids which caused very, very , heavy bleeding, constant pains, etc.
I had no complications and was able to actively resumed work three week after.
I praise God as I had NO COMPLICATIONS at all and to be honest with you I lost weight after my surgery, for example, my stomach was very large before surgery like 7 month pregant (lol) (wore a size 14 - 16) now after my surgery I am back to a size my regualar size (- 9 - 10,)
To be very honest after my surgery I purposed and ate just whole foods, drank lots of water and encourages a healthly lifestyle ( I cannot go into the gym as yet as I am still scheduled for my 8 week check up).
So my advise just practise a healthy life style and drink lots of water and focus more on your recovery> (lol)

God bless and have a speedily recovery
:
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Hysterectomy at 22

Dear Judy,

I, too, was worried about the weight gain following the surgery. I have been eating a well-balanced diet and have lost 5 pounds. I know that there are many others on here who have lost even more weight following their hysterectomies.

That being said, I do think that the most important thing is to focus on your well-being during your recovery. I commend you at your young age for being so ready and willing to take charge of your own health.

Best wishes for a good recovery!

Cindy
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Hysterectomy at 22

Babid....oh bless your heart, my heart breaks for you having a hyster. at 22 yrs old, I feel horrid enought being 31, and having one, oh I can only imagine. I think that its good to know that everyone is not alike...and that where you can be concerned about poss. weight gain..sweety be more concerned about your health...and recovery. Lots of water, lots of cranberry juice for the ultra tender bladder...lots of pillows, for support under the knees and back if your on your back..and a body pillow along side of you when your able to go side from side...and most important thing most wont notice or mention....the pain meds make you munch..at least for me...i have lost 10 lbs since surgery...i have done before and after pics, since i found out about having surgery and cancer..and have noticed i eat more when on my pain meds and eat FAR less when without..my pics are for my personal journal (blog) with cancer..maybe it can help?? Tho u havent got cancer..i have major issues with my weight being a "normally skinny gal" and going to a near 250 in 1 1/2 yrs...this is MY chance to lose it, and do right by my body. Heres to you hun..best of luck and God willing your pain and concerns are rested soon
<Admin note: IM/email info removed for privacy and safety reasons. To contact this member click on the username for options!>
~~Mil~~
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Hysterectomy at 22

Hello I am 25 and had my T.A.H. August 1st this year. and I also did it as a last resort for endo., p.c.o.s., and infertility. I tried everything first and nothing helped with pain so I too did this as a last option they did mine abdominally. I too have always had a struggle with weight do to my p.c.o.s. problem so I was so worrried about gaining weight but now it's funny because my priorities have changed and I am more worried about getting well physcially and mentally. At first after my hyst. it was weird because I had allot of choclate cravings and gained 15 lbs. but now I am loosing them. I go walking every day and I drink plenty of water and eat healthy. My stomach was HUGE at first but now it is going down allot so don't be too worried about your weight. Just take good care of your self. Pamper yourself. You will have allot of swelling from the surgery so just give yourself time to heal. Take care ........angel_eyes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register