Too soon for 1st outing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Too soon for 1st outing? Too soon for 1st outing?

Unread 10-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

I'm feeling pretty good (11 days post-op), and my friend asked me to go with her this afternoon to pick up her 2 new chairs (I won't be "picking" them up , just riding along ). It's about a half hour drive, one way. I haven't been out of my home this entire 11 days except a short walk yesterday.
Is this too soon, or would it do me some good?
Thanks Gals, LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

If you feel like it, I think it'll do you good to get out. Have a great outing!
Unread 10-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

If you feel well enough, the fresh air and a little sight seeing I think is good for you. Gets rid of the stuck in the house blues. Hope your recovery goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

Hi LL
Congrats on your fabulous recovery thus far! 11 days seems a bit too soon, because riding in the car is jarring for your body even though you don't feel it so much and there is still a chance for internal bleeding. I was not cleared to do much at all at 2 weeks even, so I would check first with your doc. I'm so happy for you! I hope your postop experience continues to be smooth sailing!!! Ria
P.S. Enjoy these gorgeous October 70's in Wisconsin!!!
Unread 10-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

hi ria,
I see you had a vag cuff tear. What caused it?
I don't want to be too quick to head out, but I'm tired of this house!
Yes, it's a beautiful WI fall! I just made my DH plant some mums, a few minutes ago, that were given to me by a friend when I was in the hospital. He sure is a trooper!
Thanks everyone for your opinions on my outing. LL
Unread 10-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

Have a great trip out!! It is a beautiful day in MN. I opened windows today and it feels SO good to have the fresh air blowing in!

Kristi
Unread 10-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

I spoke with nurse direct, and she voted, "yes" I could go. She said to have my DH help me in and out of the vehicle (he's going along), and to make them stop if I need to get out and walk or stretch.
Still deciding (I think I'll go, though), LL
Unread 10-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Too soon for 1st outing?

LL - there is no good explanation for the cuff tear from my doc. It happened following intercourse at 3 months postop. Doc said he had never had this happen to one of his patients in his 20 year practice. It was the most extremely painful thing that I had ever experienced and went immediately to the ER. Sent me home on pain meds to heal itself. Over a month later I am still having pelvic pain and on Friday vaginal bleeding. Can't wait to call the doc AGAIN on Monday. Actually, I can't wait to get another GYN to run all this by. Glad you are doing so well... has all your previous pelvic pain gone away since surgery? Enjoy another beautiful WI day and your pretty mum plants!! The Amish women grow and sell huge, gorgeous mums around here for $5! I bought a bunch last year and they came back so nicely this year that I must go get some more. Ria
Unread 10-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Too soon for 1st outing?

Hi all,
Enjoyed my outing very much! Had some swelly belly, but I put my feet up all evening, and got much relief. Today I'm so tired that I already took a 2 1/2hr nap! I feel the outing was worth it, but it did poop me out a bit. No extra pain of any kind though.
Ria, sorry that vag tear thing happened to you. Hope you get some answers for pain. I have a little lower left abd pain, but not as bad as before surgery. Hope it improves (yours too!).
Thanks everyone for your advice. LL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register