Positive return to intimacy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positive return to intimacy Positive return to intimacy

Unread 07-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Positive return to intimacy

Heya!

Well waiting for nearly 8 weeks was worth it and made a big difference from what I have read here with others being cleared earlier.

There was zero pain and zero blood. I don't feel very sore this morning either from what I can tell!

It DID feel different for me. H said it didn't for him. I didn't have an "O" simply because my mind was on how it felt different (my ginny). But for my H it was like was a virgin again!!!

jess
XOX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Hey Jess,

Maybe lots of good sex will help with all the troubles at work *wink wink* Glad it went so well for you. I'm probably 5 weeks away yet.

~Christine
Unread 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM

I was just cleared for sex today and I am very scared to have any. I am scared that I will hurt, that it won't be all that great and so many other things. It helps to hear that you have had a good experience. Thank you for posting. And like the sister above me said maybe the sex will make up for work and the stress of helping with your sisters wedding.

Heres to great sex and better work environments. (I need one of those too.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIST1NE
Hey Jess,

Maybe lots of good sex will help with all the troubles at work *wink wink* Glad it went so well for you. I'm probably 5 weeks away yet.

~Christine
Christine...you crack me up woman!!!
Unread 07-29-2008, 11:25 AM

I was terrified. Tried it last week but was not enjoyable for either one of us, I guess we were both didn't know what to expect. So, we waited for another week, and let me tell you it was great! I was so afraid that the old pain would still be there and it wasn't. Once I relaxed it was even better . Thank God!
Unread 07-29-2008, 11:40 AM

I am soooo glad you had a good time. I'm sure it was well worth the wait. Comtinue having fun, I know I am. It really is such a pleasure without pain.
Unread 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Oh I am jealous of all you fast and easy women!!!! I am coming up on 11 weeks post VH and no sex in sight. I got the OK to have intercourse two weeks ago, we tried and it was excruciating. I went back to the Dr. and she found more granulation tissue, so I had silver nitrate round three. Then, I got a vag. infection and she cultured it and said I had too much bad bacteria (probably from my DH and our miserable attempt at intercourse) and not enough good bacteria (probably got wiped out during surgery). So now I have to have Premarin cream vaginally (which makes my labia swell to mammoth proportions, sitting is painful....I had to do this pre-op to "prepare" my vaginal tissue for the posterior repair) alternating with a vaginal suppository of Natren, a good bacteria. Oh....and no attempts at intercourse for three more weeks. Like I would actually want to put something ELSE in there!!!!! My bottom is swollen and hurts, my mood is wacked from the hormones in the cream, and my DH is distant because of all the waiting and trauma. Sigh. Thanks for reading my rant.

Mindy
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM

Jess, I'm JEALOUS!! I'm not even one week post-op and am raring to go, lol. My ovaries apparently haven't been in "shock" or anything from the surgery, so I'm feeling pretty good. Discharge has stopped, too, oddly enough; but I know it could also start again. Other than being tired occasionally and having a belly made of rubbery jello, I feel pretty darn good.
It's hard to watch DH climb into bed in his tighty whities and not jump his bones. <sigh>
I cannot WAIT til the doctor gives the go-ahead. I don't know if I can stand five (or more) weeks of waiting....
Congrats!!
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:45 PM

I am almost 2 weeks post-op and I am so ready to have sex with my fiance. He is 10 years younger than me and he is totally hot. It is torture sleeping beside him and not being able to do anything else.
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:55 PM

Congrats Jess! We got the go-ahead last week and things are juuuuuuuuust fine!!
I too was "distracted" and nervous the first time or two- ...plus my abdomen is still so sensitive... but I think things really will be better than ever!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register