6 months post op snow shoveling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post op snow shoveling 6 months post op snow shoveling

Unread 12-13-2005, 04:32 AM
6 months post op snow shoveling

Hi just wanted to check in - I feel fantastic and I am back in the circle of life again. It has taken a while, but I was so thankful each and everyday to do a little more. I still have a day when I am just tired and I just rest and do what I can and not over do it. However, it snowed here last week and I thought I would shovel - wow probably shouldn't have done that. Even though I work out and do a little running and situps, my stomach is still not strong enough to lift snow and turn and throw it. So just a warning out there to all of the snowbirds.

Odessa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 11:38 AM

Good advice, Odessa! Living in WI , I may wait, oh say...5yrs before I take that job away from Hubby!!!
Merry Christmas! LL
Unread 12-13-2005, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the tip Odessa!

Snow shoveling is even hard on healthy people. Heart attacks are a real danger, so every one should approach the shovel with caution.

I'm feeling just about 100% too - but still now and again something will make me a little sore. Stretching too far in yoga, for instance.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 12:30 PM

I did all the snow shoveling last year when my DH was recovering from heart problems. He's returning the favour this year - hee hee

Cheers to all
Unread 12-13-2005, 01:04 PM

It is so strange to hear of you shoveling snow. I live in So. California and my son went to school today in shorts and a t-shirt. There is nothing like seeing a car with a Christmas tree on it drive down the street and your son is wearing shorts. I would like a white Christmas though.
Unread 12-13-2005, 03:44 PM

I live in wonderful Wisconsin (snow and high taxes... so why did we move back here anyway?) So although there is no bashing just thought Gknee needed a whack for making us jealous of her wonderful weather.

I was really surprised on how hard it was to shovel. it was only a couple of inches and it was too hard. So I called the plow guy and out he came. Told him this year if it is over two inches come and plow it.

It will be well worth the extra cost - our driveway is about 110 yds long.

Wish I was with you Gknee in that wonderful sunny weather!
Unread 12-14-2005, 04:03 AM

I am almost 11 months post op, very active and physically fit. However raking leaves, snow shoveling, and hauling a christmas tree off the roof of the car were killers. I think I am retired from those chores.
Unread 12-14-2005, 06:56 AM

I was told can't do that for ONE YEAR. It takes that long to heal completely.
Soooo.... DH bought me a leaf bagger for my John Deere mower. And then said "Listen to Dr DH- NO raking !"
It was SO NICE, I wish I'd have gotten one earlier !
And then he said NO SHOVELING. Well, I'd go against that, but I just CAN'T. It's that simple. I can't do it. So Mrs. Perfect Walkways In The Winter simply has to let it go this year.
Going in for surgery on Monday for Lap (adhesions) and I can't wait to get rid of all this pain. I feel the same as I did BEFORE the hyst.
I still am not driving (meds) and not lifting and trying to be careful to do what I am told. But it still didn't seem to help me out much. The pain never did go away and it only got worse.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register