Enema | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-20-2004, 06:00 AM
Enema

Hi Ladies in waiting. I go in on Monday the 25th for TAH BSO. In pre-op yesterday, my doctor did not say anything about the night before prep as I have read on this site. With my type of surgery will I just get and enema when I get to the Castle on Monday?

Also, what is best for the pain after surgery. The doctor said it could be a in the IV using a pump, injections or an epidural. She said the IV method is best. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2004, 06:14 AM
Enema

Hi sister! I was told to take M.O.M. 2 days before surgery (last night) It sure does the trick. I'm guessing no enema at the hospital now. My friend had a TAH not to long ago and they asked her which she wanted for pain, IV or epidurial. She chose the IV and had great luck with it. That is what i will have tomorrow am when i go in. Also, she kept on the stool softner post just to be more comfortable. I might do that too. Anyway hope this is alittle helpful to you. Good luck storming the castle!!
Remember, attitude is 95% of recovery. Think positive. s.lynelle
Unread 10-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Enema

Sherri,
I had no enema or prep of that sort before my surgery. Not every dr or castle requires it. So feel blessed that you don't have to have one!! Woooohoooo!!!

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2004, 06:57 AM
Enema

My gyno said nothing about an enema and I am 3 weeks post-op TAH).
I had morphine drip after surgery, could have it every 7 minutes. It worked wonders. I am still recuperating and going into Boston friday to see an oncologist due to strange looking cells from pathology report.

Best wishes,
Diane
Unread 10-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Enema

Hi, I had a tah/bso and did get an enema at the hospital the morning of my surgery. it really wasn't too bad, over quickly.

The important thing is to remember to do what your dr has ordered and only what your dr has ordered. The pre op preps seem to differ depending on what method of surgery is used and what all needs to be done. They also vary from dr to dr.

I did have a pump for pain control also.

If you're concerned, please call and ask your dr.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register