4 1/2 wks post op --- am I the only one to feel like a HUGE COW?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 1/2 wks post op --- am I the only one to feel like a HUGE COW?? 4 1/2 wks post op --- am I the only one to feel like a HUGE COW??

Unread 12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
4 1/2 wks post op --- am I the only one to feel like a HUGE COW??

I feel soooo HUGE!!!!! I am still swollen, and feel like a little snow man wobbling throughout my house!!!
I actually went out this weekend (1st time shopping since surgery) -- didn't feel so bad, thank God! I was so proud, I felt like I was finally on the final good recovery road.
I didn't sleep at all last night, I hurt a little on my left side.
I woke up this morning, to help my DD get ready for school, and have felt like the wobbly snowman ever since.
I know that I am not active at all since the surgery, and I do snack more. Unsure if it is due to the hormone patch, or because of boredom???
I need some encouragement. Anyone else feel this way?
Anyone having trouble with the scale? Is it due to the swelly belly, hormones (I am on the Climara patch, increased apetite was not noted as a side effect; I have checked) , snacking --- all of the above?!? =(
We have so many activities planned the next couple of weeks. Unsure if I will be able to be a part??? I wanted to, but I just feel horrible today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 07:09 PM

anewlisad,

Hi there. First of all, I hope you're feeling a little better. Don't worry - we all felt like aliens had invaded our body at some point. I think that's a natural part of recovery.

Congratulations on going out shopping. That was definitely a step in the right direction. I think the more you keep moving, the better you're going to feel. That will help some of the swelling go down and help kickstart your metabolism a little bit, too. Just be careful with the biggies - bending, lifting. But walking is usually fine. My doc encouraged me to walk as much as possible. If you start slow and build gradually each day, I bet you're also able to keep all of your holiday activities.

Don't worry. Now that you've started the comeback, I think it generally starts to pick up speed on you.

Good luck!
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:02 PM

Ironically, I've felt like a pregnant lady. I wobble, I hold my belly so I won't bump into stuff protectively, I get in and out of chairs or seats so slowly, I walk so slow. I sit so my belly will be in the most comfortable position and I feel hopelessly like those old ladies who look 9 months pregnant cause they let it all hang out. I did buy some cute babydoll tops and some comfy velvety drawstring lounge pants and I don't feel as terrible in those. Sometimes even when I watch tv I stand up and pace, I'm so tired of sitting or laying down, and I've started venturing off to shop or go to a movie or something not too hard. I had vaginal cuff cellulitis and was really bad off for a week or so and I ate whatever I wanted because the meds made me queasy and if I could get food in I just did it, now I know I need to start eating better and starting to get a little more physical because I see how easy it would be to turn into the Pillsbury dough boy. It'll be fine just don't let your yucky feelings springboard into a freefall into couch potato snackyland! I'll try too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM

i Felt like that for a while. between the swollen and a few etra pounds grrr. but it gets beter . Your still early in recovery give it a lil more time . good luck and keep recovering
hugs
lisa
Unread 12-10-2007, 11:24 PM

Thanks! I appreciate all of the feedback. Glad to know that it will get better. I am so emotional today. Probably the most emotional that I have been, since I have had the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register