Nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Nervous

The big day is in 4 days. I get butterflies everytime I think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Re: Nervous

I think it's normal. The closer we get the more our nerves act up. Hang in there we are all here with you. You are having a major surgery it's only natural to be nervous.
~HUGS~
alicia
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:05 AM

Thanks Alicia for the inspiration!!

I have been reading the things that I need to bring to the hospital. I'm really not a gown person. Is it ok that I buy maybe some really loose fit pajama pants.

Also I think my Husband is more nervous than I am!! Any Advice.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2010, 09:33 AM

I'm right there with you! My surgery is the day after yours, and even though I know this is the right thing and something that needs to be done, my stomach does flip-flops when I think about it.

I'm not a gown person either, so I'm going to be bringing some loose-waist sweatpants with me, at least to wear when I leave.
Unread 01-06-2010, 09:58 AM

Mine too is approaching quickly. The closer it gets the bigger the butterflies seem to be. I have been trying to distract them by keeping busy. I'm convinced that is the real reason we "nest" - to distract ourselves. Keep focused on the pain free, tampon free future that awaits you on the other side : ).
Unread 01-06-2010, 12:17 PM

Nerves are normal before a major surgery. I was very nervous before my procedure but all went very well. I had a TVH on Dec 21 and doing great. I took sweatpants and made out fine. Hugs
Unread 01-06-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDMcCain View Post
I have been reading the things that I need to bring to the hospital. I'm really not a gown person. Is it ok that I buy maybe some really loose fit pajama pants.

Also I think my Husband is more nervous than I am!! Any Advice.

Karen
Hi Karen,

It is natural to be nervous - I was petrified and had to ask for a 'happy pill' to calm me down before surgery. My DH was nervous that I wouldn't go through with it more than anything else! I spent the whole morning asking him to take me home (I had afternoon surgery).

I used a gown in hospital, but sweat pants when I felt a bit better. If you do want pyjama pants you may want to get them in a size bigger than you normally wear, or adjustable ones, because of the swelly belly. Also make sure they go round your waist and not any lower if you're having a TAH and that there is no seam that might rub on the incision. I also bought some granny pants a size bigger than normal and I'm still wearing them now!!!

Good luck

Sarah
Unread 01-06-2010, 01:04 PM

I understand the nerves! I'm about to drive myself crazy with all the "what - if's". (being a nurse DOESN'T help!). My surgery is scheduled for 1/20 and I am soooo ready just to get it over with. I am, however, looking forward to a life without back pain!
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Mine is scheduled for January 19. I am overwhelmed with fear; saw gyno. dr.; didn't know endometriosis was back, just thought bad pain was from ovarian cysts; he did give me other options, but I am in peri-menopause & suffering horribly, so think this may even things out. He is open (as I am,) to using bio-identical hormones; My biggest fear is that I won't be able to tolerate the bios & I will feel more wretched than I aready do. I am not afraid of surgery just this. ANy support would be appreciated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register