2/26 princess home from the castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2/26 princess home from the castle 2/26 princess home from the castle

Unread 02-28-2002, 07:08 AM
2/26 princess home from the castle

Hi guys, am home, sore and tired but up and moving. All went well, feel like I've been stepped on by an elephant but happy to say all went well. The day of surgery was pretty good, cept for a kinked catheder that evening (wow the pressure was bad!) The ride home yesterday was rough, then I had to shower, then gas and cramping, guess I did a little to much! This am is better, DD stayed home (16 yrs old) to tend me today, DH has been off the past 2 days taking good care of me. Now guess i need rest. Have some visitors coming later, will just be in the bed acting like a princess.

Thanks for all your support out there

Belina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 07:17 AM

Welcome home Belinda! Polish your crown and Sounds like you are surrounded by a wonderful family!

I hope you have a very speedy recovery!
's
Bev
Unread 02-28-2002, 07:23 AM

My, Belinda, what a fetching crown you have!

Congratulations. Thanks for posting so quickly. Every new princess I see who was brave enough to get her crown helps me hold onto my own courage.

Did you get that elephant's license plate so you can report him? <grin>

Take care of yourself! The worst is over! Yay!

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 08:00 AM
Welcome home Princess!

Yeah Belinda, sooooo glad you are home and feel good. An elephant is one way of discribing it, but it feels good to get it over and on your way to healing. For the gas try not to drink sodas or anything with fizze in them. The carbonated water is the culprit for making gas. Next as much as possible inside the house of course. That will get that gas to moving. I found after each nap I would walk and the gas would move then after the next nap there it was settled in again. God Bless and so glad you are home.
Unread 02-28-2002, 08:21 AM

Glad to hear everything went so well. It makes me a little less nervous. My date is not until 4/12 but I'm glad to see you came home so quickly! Just do me a favor and make sure that elephant stays in CO and doesn't decide to vist NJ. (HAHA!!!) Get some rest and feel better each day.

My thoughts are with you!

Donna
Unread 02-28-2002, 11:26 AM

Hey Belina,
I am so glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.
Remember your Princess training, get lots of and be sure and lots of water and juice, and take short little s for recovery.
Enjoy being pampered.
Take Care
Unread 02-28-2002, 11:31 AM

Welcome Home !!

Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work.

s
Unread 03-01-2002, 08:35 AM
Improving day by day

Well I haven't left the house yet, but am sleeping better and moving better, improving greatly day by day. The technology today is wonderful! Hope everyone out there is doing well and thanks for the recovery support. DH is growing tired of the princess thing, think he's ready to have be back doing the cooking and housework and all, I'm not sure I'm back full swing yet, think that will take a little more time. He was great the first couple days though, right by my bedside.
Unread 03-01-2002, 09:19 AM

HI Belina: Great to hear you are doing well! I will be monitoring your recovery progress as you post. My surgery date for Lavh/bso is 3/20. Did you come home the same day as surgery? I will be teaching a week long work shop 4/14. Have to be feeling Up for that!! Will have help.
Good to hear you have kind care givers, take advantage of their help for this short while. It is nice to be needed.

eleanor (mother of 7 great kids)sorry that graphic was too good to pass up!!! I hope to be able to help by posting on my return from 'the castle'.
Unread 03-01-2002, 09:39 AM

Hi,
Thanks for letting us know all went well. I'm scheduled for a LAVH on 3/19, so it's very encouraging to hear from those who are already on the "other side" of the procedure. Take care of yourself and best wishes!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register