rt. hip and lower back pain 6wks. post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rt. hip and lower back pain 6wks. post op rt. hip and lower back pain 6wks. post op

Unread 05-03-2011, 10:08 AM
rt. hip and lower back pain 6wks. post op

Hello,

I am now 6 wks. post op hysterectomy with removal of large fibroid tumors with the Davinci robot.
I'm having alot of hip,butt,groin and low back pain especially on the right side whenever I do anything physical(housework, walking etc.)
At my 4 wk checkup I mentioned the pain to my Dr. and he said that it's probably because of the amount of work that had to be done to be able to remove the fibroids was quite a bit.
It seems as though the pain is more intense now, most likely because I am trying to get moving and get things accomplished. I am so frustrated because I can only do a little before having to sit down because the pain gets so intense.
Has anyone experienced this and if so what have you done to help alleviate the pain?
I am also extremely tired all of the time? Anyone else?
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Re: rt. hip and lower back pain 6wks. post op

So far for me, nothing alleviates the pain. I try ice, heat, Advil, stretching, and prescription Lidoderm patches. My doctor has referred me to physical therapy and I started that. It makes some of the pain worse. I'm going back to see my primary to get a referral to pain management.

I feel like I need a whole body stretch.

I also saw a massage therapist for a deep tissue massage. The Da Vinci surgery for me did serious muscle damage. Where I was restrained, I have serious tenderness. My hips and lower back are tight and spasming. I have lumps and knots and spasms everywhere! I'm going to keep doing massage weekly to try to smooth out some of that pain. The pain is almost unrelenting. I know my surgery was long at 7.5 hours but now my whole body hurts.
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:17 PM

lregan I also have had issues with pain in my lower right side, radiating to my back, and down into my groin. I was pretty miserable for several weeks, and it finally started to turn around for me over the last week or so. I had alot of work done on that side and from what I understand, I had a ligament repaired. My six week post op is tomorrow so I will get all the gory details then. My doctor prior to this wasn't really specific as to EXACTLY what was done but I will be asking tomorrow. I know for me I had to really scale back on doing anything. I am still bending at my knees, I am not lifting anything, not vacuuming (dust bunnies rule at our house right now), and no grocery shopping either. Pain meds didn't work for me and the only thing that seems to do the trick is my heating pad. I also hardly lay on my left side as I seem to get all kinds of pulling pains on the right still when I do. If your pain is more intense with more activity then you really should listen to your body and just try to rest more. Walking is good but if you can only walk a little before you feel a pain, then don't do it. I wish I could offer profound wisdom on being tired all the time, but for some strange reason, fatigue wasn't one of my issues. Maybe it's another way your body is telling you to just rest?? I am so sorry you aren't seeing any improvement. I know how bad that pain is--I was totally convinced something had been damaged. Although mine has improved greatly, I still get pain there that comes and goes. And--this is really weird--but I can sometimes hear and feel gurgling down in that area. I know my bowel kinks over there so I am wondering if that's going through some adjustments as well! I wish you all the best and hope that things start to feel better for you soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2011, 04:21 PM

Sassine sorry to hear you are in so much pain too. Massage is wonderful! I also see a chiropractor regularly for a herniated disc in my neck and spurs in my upper spine. I haven't been able to see him though, because he won't touch me until I get clearance from my doctor which hopefully will be tomorrow. Good luck with pain management, I hope it works for you and gets you some relief soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register