Okay then, what do Bladder Spasms feel like? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Okay then, what do Bladder Spasms feel like? Okay then, what do Bladder Spasms feel like?

Unread 10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Okay then, what do Bladder Spasms feel like?

Thanks for your replies ladies. The on/off difficult nurse of my Gyn says I might be experiencing ''bladder spasms."
I feel the infection wasn't knocked completely out by the 7 days of Cipro. When I had my urine checked yesterday everything was clear. However, after waking today and urinating (after sleeping 4.5 hours) my bladder hurts - at least that's what it feels like. Today the pain is beginning to increase again. I can't get this nurse to listen to me. She keeps reminding me I have an appt next Tues. But I told her that's a long time to wait feeling like this. She says it is probably bladder spasms. I think I need another kind of antibiotic or something. Please let me know your experiences. Thanks! Em
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 11:36 AM

For me it felt like constant pressure to go urinate and when I did it hurt to start the flow but the end of the flow was the killer I would double over in pain on the toilet it was like a knife when the urine flow would stop then my bladder would spasm for an hour or so after!
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:20 PM

I had the pressure with pain prior to peeing and inbetween pee's seemed like I had to go all the time. Sometimes I would and others I would just give a drip or two. But the pain was like a stab sort of pain with pressure if that makes any sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 12:21 PM

For me it felt like I had to pee all of the time, and when I went (every few minutes) all I could do is trickle. 5 months post op I still get the spasms, however they aren't as bad anymore, mostly I just feel like I need to go once an hour or so.
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:24 PM

Did you take/drink anything that would help? Did you use AZO? Thanks so much for your help!!!!!! Em
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:27 PM

I tried azo didnt help then i had a uro give me ditropan but that didnt help either my spasms were caused because my uterus was laying on it and both were prolasped but that is taken care of I still have some spasms but I think more because of the surgery and the shock and that I still havent been able to pee on my own and that it may finally be kicking in. But it wouldnt hurt to try azo it has helped alot of women that have interstitial cystitis. you can get over the counter at the drug store but wear you old undies as it turns your pee orange and it stains your undies.
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Bladder Spasms....a common thing post-op

I was diagnosed last week with bladder spasms after describing my symptoms to my doctor. I didn't have even a trace of bacteria in my urine so there was no infection. My dr. described it as my bladder "looking for a place to land" type of thing if that makes any sense at all. She said these spasms are common post-op and the bladder usually needs something to settle it down. She gave me two weeks worth of Enablex and it really works. She says over time I won't need it any more which is fine by me since I hate taking meds. I had my six week checkup today and she said all looked great. I didn't even take my Enablex today and no spasms. Hope you are feeling well soon. I know just how you feel. Bless you.
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:24 PM

Hi,

I have/had both bladder and colon spasms and understand some of what you are going through. I haven't had the infection issues you are dealing with though.

A bladder spasm (for me:-) feels kind of like a "cramp" in your bladder and a pulling sensation. At the end of urination it hurts the worst with a sharp pain. The pain with and infection and the pain of a spasm are very similar.

One thing that seem to help me (as nutty as this sounds) is to drink LOTS and LOTS of water. Some how if the bladder is full when you pee it hurts less. Plus, I guess it helps get things moving along better.

Also, drinking chamomile tea (I like "Sleepytime" by "Celestial Seasonings")helps sooth and relax all the parts. This tea was the only thing that would calm my IBS last week. A note though, you shouldn't drink this tea if you have problems with hayfever.........

Wow, I'm jealous! You slept for 4 1/2 hours........Two hours is about as long as I can go without getting up to go.....:-) Not unusual for me I've always had to get up two or three times a night. I must have a small bladder....I think I'll ask next time I see my surgeon. After all, he got to see it up close and personal....

All the best and I hope you bladder starts to treat you a bit kinder!

MsH
Unread 10-20-2005, 08:36 PM

Thanks everyone!!!! I crashed my Gyn's office today and had to wait until his last patient left since he was so backed up. He said it's been crazy today. He was sure I wouldn't have waited three hours to see him if I felt good - so it was nice that he didn't begrudge my barge in.

He said we'd try another antibiotic since I'm feeling as though the infection is hanging on. It's not as bad as it was by any means. If the new meds don't do it, then we'll check the cuff in two weeks (six week check up time anyway). If that's okay then it's off to the urologist. I hope we don't have to do that because I went down that road before when I had a terrible, horrible, bizarre bladder infection three years ago. By the way, I don't get these things very often at all. For One, I drink lots of water and B, I try to be a very clean girl. So, we'll see what happens. Other than this bladder things, I feel a huge difference and I know I'll be a new woman soon. Thanks again for all the support/advice. Hope you all are doing well, too! Em
Unread 10-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Get appt for urologist

There is medication out there to relieve bladder spasms. Detrol is the one I was on and believe me it helped. There nothing worse that the pressure and pain you feel with the spasms. Call the Doc again and asked for meds to stop the spasms

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register