Hysterectomy soon (3/18) nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy soon (3/18) nervous Hysterectomy soon (3/18) nervous

Unread 11-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Hysterectomy soon (3/18) nervous

My surgery date hasnt been scheduled yet but I am hoping my Dr. will use the least evasive method. I have multiple fibroids the largest is 4cm? Is that large? I am not sure but I am looking forward to relief from the constant bleeding. Any advice andexperiences would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Re: Surgery soon, nervous

Hi I'm in the same situation, I have a appointment next week to discuss surgery options... I must say I want it over and done with now... I also take blood thinning medication so unsure of the impact of that ... SO many questions running around my head....
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM

Hi cmoore1019 to HysterSisters!

I am sorry you have to have a hysterectomy but glad you found this site.

This is one tough surgery to digest. Know that the intense emotions, nerves, fears and freakouts are very normal. You are not crazy and you are not being a wimp! You are among a community of women who really understand what you are going through.

Keep in mind that no matter how they enter your tummy, you still have much healing to do on the inside. Everyone is different, and some heal very fast and others take longer. After your surgery, you will need help at home with cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, driving, shopping, etc. for several weeks. You will also need to take time off work - how much depends on your job and how fast you can recover. BUT you are probably looking at 3 weeks or more, with maybe some part time until you can ramp up to full time. You should allow yourself enough time to heal as you only get one chance to heal right. You need to listen to your body during recovery, and rest, rest, rest.

In the meantime, get on and post questions and concerns, emotions, fears, and freakouts. It really does help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2012, 08:44 PM

Hi CMoore,
I'm kind of new here too.

I'm getting a LSH on 12/4. (Laproscopic supracervical hyst.) I have at least 3 fibroids, sizes 4cm, 3 cm, & 1.3cm. I'm not sure if that's small or large.

Size references on here tend to be something that can be visualized also. I've heard people say they had walnut, golf ball, orange, or even football sized fibroids. I did re-read the football comment, thinking I read it wrong the first time.

The different topic tabs are very helpful. The pre-op tab has timelines, and definitions of types of surgeries. There are also some check lists of questions you can make notes with and take to your Dr. appointment.

There's lots of info so don't get overwhelmed.

Take 1 topic at a viewing if you want. The forums are great for seeing what other people are going through, and realizing that all your emotions ARE normal.

Good luck to you,
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM

I was not ready for my surgery. I did no research. I had it done on Nov. 13th at 2:45 and was home by 9:30. EEK. My husband stayed home with me for a week.
I wish I had found this site before my surgery. I had the da Vinci with the removal of my tubes, uterus and cervix. And I wish I had purchased the abdominal binder, just to help get out of bed.
Please ask you doctor a million questions and when you come home rest, rest, rest.
Blessings
Unread 11-29-2012, 09:57 PM

Thank you and keep me posted on how you are doing!
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM

Well I got my surgery consult dates so we are making progress (12/17) I have a lot of concerns and questions and I am going to make sure this doctor knows about them. I am so ready to get this over with my problems seem to be getting worse, clots and bleeding constantly even with taking BC.
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM

Thanks Amy my situation is much like yours multiple fibroids the largest is 4cm and my uterus is quite large too according to the dr. 10 cm. Wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on progress!
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:36 PM

Well since my last post in 2012, I didn't have the surgery,I just didn't feel comfortable with the only hospital my insurance would cover. Well now I have better insurance and ready to proceed, I have biopsy tomorrow and hopeful surgery will follow soon. Still nervous though but Im sure I am doing what's best.. Will keep you posted
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Re: Hysterectomy soon, nervous

Well biopsy was unsuccessful due to scarring, surgery in 3 weeks. Got to get moving and get ready for this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register