LAVH Fever | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Fever

Wow, I was feeling really great yesterday except for no BM. But I also woke up with a runny yellow nose.
Today I am running a fever 101.7 and just feel bloated, sore and crappy. No abnormal bleeding and it doesnt smell. My incisions look fine under the steri strips. And I finally did take a BM!
Cant sleep because I feel so crappy. My doc that did the surgery is gone for a few days and Im speaking with her nurse and on-call doc. Was told to stop the percocet because I broke out in a rash which is better now. So Im down to 3 ibuprofen a day 800 mg and the colace 2x a day. Motrin takes the edge off but is nothing like the percocet. On-call doc called me back tonight and is going to call in an antibiotic for me. He seems to think it could be the flu. Wish I felt better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Re: Fever

When I started feeling like that and running a fever my ct showed a collection of fluid around my surgical site and I was hospitalized for 3 days with iv antibiotics. I hope flu is all it is.
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:03 PM

I too was 5 days post op and had 102.7 fever. They found an abcess in my lower pelvis. 2 oral antibiotics and one IV antibiotic in the ER. On day 8 of antibiotics now and fevers been gone for 2 days now. Feeling better now but still lower pelvic pain. Make sure you press your doctor if you don't feel better in a few days of antibiotics! Wishing you the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2know View Post
Wow, I was feeling really great yesterday except for no BM. But I also woke up with a runny yellow nose.
Today I am running a fever 101.7 and just feel bloated, sore and crappy. No abnormal bleeding and it doesnt smell. My incisions look fine under the steri strips. And I finally did take a BM!
Cant sleep because I feel so crappy. My doc that did the surgery is gone for a few days and Im speaking with her nurse and on-call doc. Was told to stop the percocet because I broke out in a rash which is better now. So Im down to 3 ibuprofen a day 800 mg and the colace 2x a day. Motrin takes the edge off but is nothing like the percocet. On-call doc called me back tonight and is going to call in an antibiotic for me. He seems to think it could be the flu. Wish I felt better.
Hey beautiful girl,
Good to hear you've been in contact with the doctor and are having an antibiotic script sent to you so hope you see some improvement soon. Just be aware that there are different antibiotics for different bacteria and infections, so the doctor is prescribing you one that works on infections resulting from colds and flu etc. That may very well be correct but please keep monitoring yourself and if your fever continues and or escalates, please follow through just in case you have developed an infection relating to your surgery. If you do not start to feel better soon and if your fever does not get better, then please speak to your doctor again just to be on the safe side. That way you can get back on your recovery track as quickly as possible.

Take care beautiful girl and good luck. Keep us updated please and wishing you smooth gentle healings.
Hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:06 AM

Thank you. Now you guys have me scared.
Doc prescribed Amoxicillin/Clavulanate 875 mg. 1 tab 2x day. Felt better pretty much after the first one and fever dropped. Fever is normal now, but I think this antiobiotic is wreaking havoc with my stomach and Im trying to eat something with it. Im just not hungry and Im forcing myself to eat. I dont have any drainage but just feel lousy. Cant sleep because Im uncomfortable. And Im getting ringing in my ears and dizzy from this antiobiotic. Will see how I feel later in the day here.Glad the fever and chills are gone but I just feel crappy.
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:40 AM

Sorry wasn't trying to scare you, just want you to be careful and aware. Rest and drink lots of water and gatorade. Eat what you can, even if its a piece of toast or crackers, so hopefully the antibiotics won't upset your stomach so much. I'm hoping you feel better soon!
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Doc prescribed Amoxicillin/Clavulanate 875 mg. 1 tab 2x day. Felt better pretty much after the first one and fever dropped. Fever is normal now, but I think this antiobiotic is wreaking havoc with my stomach and Im trying to eat something with it. Im just not hungry and Im forcing myself to eat. I dont have any drainage but just feel lousy. Cant sleep because Im uncomfortable. And Im getting ringing in my ears and dizzy from this antiobiotic. Will see how I feel later in the day here.Glad the fever and chills are gone but I just feel crappy.
Hey sweet girl,
Sorry for late reply with the time zone difference here in Australia nd2know. I'm so sorry, didn't mean to scare you, just was concerned for you so I do apologise.
Great to hear that the antibiotics are working and yes, antibiotics can certainly make your tummy sore. Definitely try to have some food when you take them and try and have some yogurt as well if you can, 'cause that's good for you while on antibiotics and maybe some Camomile Tea. It's very soothing for the stomach. Let the doctor know though, that this particular antibiotic is not agreeing with you when you get the chance especially if they are really making you feel bad enough that you can't continue with them.
Take care now beautiful girl and sorry once again for scaring you. Hope you feel better soon and sending you hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Fever

Quote:
It's good that you were seen and were given antibiotics, but if you think that they are the cause of the dizziness give your doctor a call, you may need to have it changed. At least the chills and fever are gone, so that's a plus.

This recovery can be a slow process with some setbacks from time to time. It's frustrating because we just want to feel well. For you, its taking a little longer, but just know that it won't always be this way. I hope that you'll start to feel better soon.

Lots of (((HUGS))) to you
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:03 PM

Hello all. Its been a hectic few days. I felt better just that one night after my antibiotic but my fever spiked again the next day and never went down- probably because I wasnt taking any pain meds (ibuprofen) because my stomach was so upset. I cant tell you how terrible I felt and couldnt sleep on top of it.
Went to my doc and they checked me out and seemed to think that I picked up the flu (fever, chills, headache, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches). They couldnt find anything else out of the ordinary after this surgery. Checked my urine for bacteria and checked my incisions and vagina for hematoma or bacteria. Told me to stay on the antibiotic but gave me some Tylenol 3.
Im feeling much better today Day 6. Fever is normal and hopefully stays that way. And Im able to eat finally and my diarrhea has subsided. Still having some pain and gas pains but I didnt expect to get away totally pain free from this.
I actually think Im having some hot flashes now too. Still have my ovaries but I dont think that really matters at my age. Thank you all for the concern.
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Hello all. Its been a hectic few days. I felt better just that one night after my antibiotic but my fever spiked again the next day and never went down- probably because I wasnt taking any pain meds (ibuprofen) because my stomach was so upset. I cant tell you how terrible I felt and couldnt sleep on top of it.
Went to my doc and they checked me out and seemed to think that I picked up the flu (fever, chills, headache, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches). They couldnt find anything else out of the ordinary after this surgery. Checked my urine for bacteria and checked my incisions and vagina for hematoma or bacteria. Told me to stay on the antibiotic but gave me some Tylenol 3.
Im feeling much better today Day 6. Fever is normal and hopefully stays that way. And Im able to eat finally and my diarrhea has subsided. Still having some pain and gas pains but I didnt expect to get away totally pain free from this.
I actually think Im having some hot flashes now too. Still have my ovaries but I dont think that really matters at my age. Thank you all for the concern.

Great to hear that your symptoms weren't related to your surgery princess! so you've got your peace of mind there, and now, all you have to do is continue concentrating on getting over that cold and flu! So get plenty of rest and hope you fell better very soon.
Take care now and hugs galore, xoxo.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register