Still 3 weeks to go ..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still 3 weeks to go ..... Still 3 weeks to go .....

Unread 11-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Still 3 weeks to go .....

I don't post much but have been reading a lot. I have decided not to hang out in Post op forum any more though. I really feel for those sisters that are going through he!! but it is not stuff I want to read about at this stage. I was reading it for encouragement, but now feel even more scared than i was....

Does anyone else feel like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Re: Still 3 weeks to go .....

I did, I have read some post ops, but now after my pre op with surgeon, I'm in good place, stay away from post op, we aren't the same we all heal differently, these operations have come along way, my is Monday Nov 28, I think I'm more anxious now but as I found out from other sisters, a calmness comes over you, I received a call from hospital nurse for last min info, and boy did she make it so nice for me very reassuring for me, I'm 52, having surgery for pro lapsed uterus, cystocele, rectocele. My surgery will last 41/2 hours but I'm ok with that. Finally I'm ok. You will be too! If you need more venting I can be there for you, I sincerely hope you feel better about this, Cat
Unread 11-23-2011, 11:29 AM

I agree with Cat, everyone recovers differently. Some heal quicker and some have higher pain thresholds. I was like you 3 weeks ago, so anxious and nervous that I couldn't sleep at night but now I am one week away and I am starting to be okay with it. Of course, I am still a little nervous but I think everyone is. Also, the waiting is the hardest part as you will read on many of the posts. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 12:02 PM

I am three weeks away as well and did the same thing reading through many of the post-op posts. I wanted to try to get a little insight on what it would be like on the "other side". It mostly just freaked me out by giving me all the worst case scenarios. I did come up with a few more questions to ask my doctor during pre-op appt though after reading through many posts there. The list of questions keeps getting longer and longer! LOL! My biggest question/concern was about keeping my ovaries and having them not work after it's all said and done. There are so many women on here with that post surgery problem!

Try not to stress out over it too much.... and stop reading things there if it's making you crazy with worry! I haven't peeked in at those posts in over a week and I've noticed that my anxiety has dropped dramatically. Focus on the Thanksgiving feast ahead of us! Three weeks will be over and done with before we know it and it will be our time to get our bodies fixed! Good luck to you!
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:11 PM

P.S. I did ask my Dr. about my ovaries shutting down after surgery and he said yes it is common but only for a month or so. He asked me if I was experiening any night sweats or hot flashes which would mean that my ovaries were maybe getting ready for menopause and I said no. So with that being said, he said my ovaries should kick back in with no problem. Fingers crossed!!!!
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:19 PM

Thank you ladies. I think I feel better already just having got that off my chest. I will take your advice and stay away from post op for now.

I may just take you up on that venting offer Cat!!

I wish you all well in recovery too. You are right, we are all different. Okay here goes " calm blue water, calm blue water"
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine View Post
Thank you ladies. I think I feel better already just having got that off my chest. I will take your advice and stay away from post op for now.

I may just take you up on that venting offer Cat!!

I wish you all well in recovery too. You are right, we are all different. Okay here goes " calm blue water, calm blue water"
and don't forget the palm trees and the drink in your hand!!
You can vent to me also. My Mom is in the hospital so I am really losing it!! Hoping she will be home before my surgery date. Fingers crossed!!
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Oh May biggest of hugs to you sister

Thank you for venting offer. Just knowing there are women here who immediately understand is such a huge comfort.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register