Can't wait to move on! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't wait to move on! Can't wait to move on!

Unread 01-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Can't wait to move on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia89 View Post
Romona22--I had a TAH with BSO ( left in one ovary) and appendectomy. I still have some pain but most of mine is where the muscles were cut. I wear a binder sometimes and that really helps. I akso still have swelly belly but both of those are very common. I was very tired and blood test showed my estrogen was low so I went on Estrogen 1mg 3weeks ago and that has made a big difference. I still take afternoon naps on the weekends after running a lot of errands or cleaning house or go to bed early if I'm tired. But I've had no complications which is a blessing. It isn't a quick recovery but I know we'll both feel better once we are fully recovered. Everyone is different but listen to your body and call your doc if you have questions. We all have called with questions. Take care and reach out if you want to chat. I'm in. Michigan so understand the snowed in feeling. Take care and remember you are not alone.
Thanks. Im doing very well. Not much pain. Kept both ovaries and haven't had any hormonal issues. Do get the swelly belly off and on. I just hate this being home. I dont go back to the doc until 2/4. Still taking stool softener and only get a little discomfort with that. Im going to start walking this week. The fatigue does do me in though. I guess it takes time. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Re: Can't wait to move on!

I took stool softeners for about 6 weeks. Start out walking slow and rest as you need. Glad you aren't having big issues. Try to think of your time off as a good time for R&R before life cranks back up again. Plan a summer vacation, go through old photos, read a book you've been wanting to read, learn to cook a new dish, watch some movies that no one else wants to see. Whatever you do try to enjoy it and listen to your body--it will set the pace.
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Re: Can't wait to move on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katecassidy View Post
I can't wait to get better and move on. Having a hysterectomy three weeks ago is brutal in this freezing *** cold weather. My surgery was Dec. 9th and each day we got more snow and the temps dropped. I am going stir crazy in the house, not like I have a ton of energy to do a lot of things. But I'm wondering if having this type of surgery would of been better in the summer. I think you should not be ashamed or not talk about this procedure in front of men. They should know that this is a major surgery, and we didn't ask for this! Ugh. I get to drive next week, wondering if I will be ok to drive
kate,
I think any time would not be ideal. I know some women who had their surgery in the summer and felt like they were missing out on activities like swimming or vacation trips.

As for talking about this to men, I have never felt bad or uncomfortable. Like you said, this was a major surgery just like any other that we should not ever be embarrassed about.

When I got back into driving, I found it helpful to put a small pillow between my tummy and the seat belt and it really helped!

In case you haven't found it, there is a sub forum for women who have had their surgery the same week as yours. It may be helpful to drop in there and 'talk' to women who are at the same place in their recovery. Here is a link Recovery Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Dec. 9-Dec.15]
It is a Sub Forum in the Post Op Forum. Go to the last page for the most recent posts. Take Care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register