my last period!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my last period!!! my last period!!!

Unread 12-30-2011, 01:32 PM
my last period!!!

Yesterday I had pre op & my period began again. This is my second period in December & my last period ever!! My surgury is on Tuesday @ 12. Monday I start my bowel prep. Is it bad? I Have to take 2 ducolax @12...then miralax mixed with Gatorade every 45 minutes until I've consumed 8-8oz glasses...then 2 more ducolax at 4pm!! That seems like alot!!! I'm nervous and ready all at the same time... .I just hate waiting.

I'm having da vinci, removing uterus & cervix. Possible BOS. I have endo and ando. Im 27.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Re: my last period!!!

Hi Lap1984,

I think the waiting is the worst - for me, nothing was as bad as the anticipation of it. My bowel prep was just an enema before bed and yours is different from most I've read about. The best advice I read from others is to be sure to buy soft flushable wet wipes. Everyone seems to swear by them.

I'm sorry to see you are so young and going through all this. I can only imagine.

Best of Luck and take care
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are going through all of this so young too. I'm 32 & thought that i was too young...put this off for yrs. Soo ready to be past it all.
Def need wet wipes. My da vinci is this thurs & i wasn't told to do prep but have in the past.

Good luck tues & keep us posted.
(((HUGS)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2011, 04:27 PM

You ladies will do great. Mine is going to be on the 10th.
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:57 PM

The bowel prep for me was not as bad as I thought it would be. And I was quite concerned.

I had to drink magnesium citrate (when they have to say "tasty" on the bottle, you know that it is not!). Once I drank it down, then it was just a waiting game. I just made sure I was near a toilet. That same day, I was on reduced food intake - only light breakfast and lunch, and liquid diet after that. I took the mag citrate at 4 PM.

I remember that it took about 3 hours before it started working. And then it continued to work the next am. I thought I did something wrong, but my pre-op nurse assured me that that was normal and not a problem.

Good luck to you, I am sure your surgery will go well.

We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lap1984 View Post
Yesterday I had pre op & my period began again. This is my second period in December & my last period ever!! My surgury is on Tuesday @ 12. Monday I start my bowel prep. Is it bad? I Have to take 2 ducolax @12...then miralax mixed with Gatorade every 45 minutes until I've consumed 8-8oz glasses...then 2 more ducolax at 4pm!! That seems like alot!!! I'm nervous and ready all at the same time... .I just hate waiting.

I'm having da vinci, removing uterus & cervix. Possible BOS. I have endo and ando. Im 27.
You're going to do GREAT!!!

I was bleeding very heavy when I went in for my surgery.
I mentioned it to the OR nurse, because I guess I was embarrassed about it. It is no big deal to them. They deal with it all the time. She communicated that to be very well.
[just in case you are concerned about that aspect]
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM

Say goodbye to flo from me! I'm sure everything will be fine.. Look forward to your after post!
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Hi Lap1984 - I too had da Vincci, just last Weds. I am 5 days post op today. Our stories sound similar, I had uterus and cervix removed but got to keep my tubes and ovaries. I am thankful for that as I just turned 37 3 weeks ago. My bowel prep was similar. I didn't have to take the dulcolax but I did have the 8.3 oz of miralax mixed with 64 oz of gatorade. I recommend the gatorade as cold as possible. It really helps. Also drink as much water as possible until they tell you no more. It helps to prevent dehydration. I was on a clear liquid diet the whole day too, that made the BP less horrible than the past 5 I had for prior laps for endo excision.

I too suffered from endo and adeno. As I mentioned, I had 5 prior laps for endo excision. During the last lap 2 yrs ago, I also had a hysteroscopy and D&C. This is when the adeno was diagnosed. To be honest, I think the adeno was there the whole time, just undiagnosed and not treated. I too was blessed with another period just days before surgery.... I had been bleeding almost straight since August with a couple short reprieves here and there. This was the worst I had ever bled in my life. I think it was either my uterus trying to assure me I was making the best decision or let me know what the rest of my life would be like.

I am looking forward to my period no longer running my life, no more ruined panties and freedom to have sex (hopefully painfree) when ever I want!!... (sorry if that was TMI).... but it's true.

Good luck to you - you will be great. Remember to take gas-x and stool softener with you to the hospital and start using them both right away. They both really help! Drink lots of water and walk a lot too.

See you on the other... "better" side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register