Constant abdominal pain and depression. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Constant abdominal pain and depression. Constant abdominal pain and depression.

Unread 03-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Constant abdominal pain and depression.

I had my TAH 2 weeks ago and was able to keep both ovaries. I am now experiencing some constant discomfort in my belly. Thought maybe it was gas, but had a good BM a while ago.

I have also caught myself crying twice now for no reason. Is this normal even with my ovaries?

My major issue after surgery was back pain and still seem to have back pain discomfort!!!!

Thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 01:59 AM
Re: Constant abdominal pain and depression.

Yup. Totally normal. Ovaries are all outta whack, major surgery, your whole routine and life is topsy turvy. Give yourself permission to cry, rest, and relax. Week 3 will probably be really hard (just prepare for it) and then it will gradually get better. Hang in there!
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:11 PM

Week 3 will get really hard as in what? Pain or emotions?

Also wondering when I can start driving again. Don't want to bother my Dr. and don't see her for another 2 weeks now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 06:24 PM

Hello Ceann,
It's very hard to describe but the sister Joz who mentioned week 3 being a rough ride is quite right. I expected to feel better but I was more achy, sad and tired. I just wasnt emotionally prepared for major surgery. You need to give your body and mind time to heal even if you have to force yourself to be distracted reading, watching movies, etc.
Please do not drive without getting the OK from your doctor first because it depends on different factors for each of us. I am sure you're doctor won't mind a question or two. Driving also depends upon the pain medications you are taking as well as your overall healing. You need to be able to stop short if you had to without damaging your healing organs.
I wish you a healthy recovery and please be kind and patient to the new princess you are! I'm learning the hard way
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:01 PM

This is my 3rd surgery with this incision and thought it would be easier. 1st was c-section and 2nd tubal. Wishful thinking. The tears just pour out of no where.

I will put a call into the dr. soon. Thank you sisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register