CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

Unread 12-01-2008, 08:18 PM
CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

This contest will run until December 15, 11:59:59 pm CST). The TWO winners will be announced within a few days of the Contest expiration and notified on this thread and via HysterSisters.com private message.

The prize: EndoFemm® - Pink or Purple (see details by clicking here )

The EndoFEMM™ Pad is designed specifically for women & girls who suffer from chronic pelvic pain from Adhesions, Endometriosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Menstrual Cramps, and Vulvodynia. With seven compartmentalized sections and "kick stand" bottom, the EndoFEMM™ Pad will become a favorite for relieving pelvic pain. Customers rave about the pad's shape, softness, and heat retention. This product comes with adjustable straps. Plain and simple -- the EndoFEMM™ is superior!

Care Instructions:

To Heat: Place pad on clean microwave surface; average heating time, 2 minutes 30 seconds, temperatures vary. Use caution when removing pad from microwave. For optimal heat results, place pad on the microwave carousel.

To Cool: Place pad in freezer overnight.

To Clean/Revitalize: Wash pad in gentle cycle, cold water; tumble dry low to experience the moist heat effect again.

How to enter contest:

Reply to this thread telling us about your favorite childhood toy/s. Tell us your age and provide details of your memory!

Two Winners Selected:
The two winners will be selected using randomizer.org based on the post #number of the reply.

Yes, you may reply more than once BUT each reply must be a separate favorite TOY memory.

And because my attorney requires the rules: This contest is void where prohibited by law. Your chance to win is based on the number of participating member's replies.

Okie, let's get started!

Reply to this thread telling us about your favorite childhood toy/s. Tell us your age and provide details of your memory!

NOTE: Do NOT reply to this thread in reply to another member UNLESS you add another toy memory of your own to that reply. Replies that do not follow contest rules will be removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2008, 06:18 AM

My favorite childhood toy was a Chatty Cathy doll. She talked and talked and talked when I pulled the string on her neck. My only regret is that she didn't have many clothes so I couldn't change her except to put her in PJs and back into her dress. I was probably 6 when I got her.
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Smile - CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

My favorite toy was a Gerber Baby Doll. She was given to me the day my mom came home from the hospital with my baby brother I was 2-1/2, and that day is my first memory. I saved Gerber Baby and all of her clothes (most made by my mother) and her baby bottle for the day when I would have a little girl of my own, and to my great sadness, when the time came to pass the doll on, she had melted in the attic!

Thanks for bringing back a really sweet memory.
FRIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM

One of my favorite toys was my Mrs. Beasely doll. I got her when I was 4 when my brother was born---he sent her home from the hospital I watched reruns of Family Affair and Buffy had a Mrs. Beasely so my Mom figured I'd like her...and I did! Mrs. Beasely is still at my Mom's house and has had lots of surgery. I took her everywhere with me and she had lots of rips and tears that needed my aunt to "surgically repair" with her Singer sewing machine
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
favorite childhood toy

My favorite toy was actually not really a toy at all, but we made them into toys, they were glass bottles that medicines came in, we pretended that they were people, large bottles were the parents and smaller bottles were the children, my sister and I had lots of families of bottles. We played with them all the time and we still remember it almost 40 yrs later. In all the time we played we never got cut by a broken bottle, imagine that today it would be a hazard to let children play with bottles!!!! Go figure?????
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM

I'm 38 years old yet I can recall my favorite doll from my childhood as if she was sitting right infront of me! She was Raggedy Anne! I loved her red woolen hair, her checkered dress and her white ribbon. Sure, I couldn't dress her in different outfits like my other dollies, but that didn't matter, she brought me hours and hours of enjoyment! She was my baby and I loved her so! I had been given her as a birthday present and she was instantly my constant companion until.............one morning I had been playing down in my toy room when my Mom called me up because it was time to get ready to go shopping. I was excited about shopping and just left all my toys where I had been playing with them. A few hours later we returned and my jubilation over the new outfit I had just gotten was quickly forgotten as we walked in the house and saw suspicious looking stuffing strewn throughout the hallway. I dropped my parcels and followed the stuffing down the stairs and into my toy room where there she lay upside down.....Raggedy Anne! I had an awful feeling as I ran to pick her up and my worst fears were realized when I saw that my beautiful dolly now had no face! My dog had chewed that cute smile right off! I was devastated for days to say the least. I remember not eating supper that night and crying myself to sleep for a few nights! My parents tried to put up with me for a few weeks but when they saw that I was still missing her so, they "tried" to replace my dolly with a new Raggedy Anne. She was nice, but like always happens, they had "updated" Raggedy Anne with a new dress and a different colour of hair, more orange. She was nice and I appreciated her.....but she just wasn't the same. It was shortly after that incident that I decided I was too old to play with that particular doll and I retired her to a shelf!!
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:03 AM

I had a doll who was dressed very hip and sang " I would like to teach the world to sing"I had no idea had popular this song was until I was older. I always enjoy the passion and the meaning behind the words and I think of my hip looking doll. I guess it was a gift that is really me. I am always concerend about others and trying to make things better for others even if its just a shoulder to lean on.
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:13 AM
glow worm

I'm 27 years old and my favorite toy - that I slept with every night was my glow worm! when I squeezed him his face lit up! I don't know what ever happened to him...
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:57 AM

My favorite toy as a child was "Baby Alive" not the new updated one but the real original one. I received her from my "Grammy" shortly before she passed away. I loved her so much, being able to feed her real doll baby food and changing her diaper gave me such joy. I felt like a real mommy. I remember her sweet blond hair and cute pink outfit and how she moved her mouth when she ate. When ever I played with her I always remembered my "Grammy'' and the special relationship we had. Years passed and I had her stored away in my attic and later when I was married and had Daughters of my own I went to get her for them and to my sadness I found her.. she had been reduced to a pile of dust. All that was left of her was her blond hair and the mechanical parts with the battery pack attached. Strangely enough I still have the remaining parts. I can't bear to part with them. She is a portal to my Happy Childhood Memories.
Unread 12-02-2008, 11:05 AM

At 39 I still remember(and have) my first breyer horse. I played with it constantly, everything rode it, and now keep it on the shelf. My mom says I even put it in my new sisters crib, sharp ears and all(I was 4).
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register