Day 5 post op...actually feeling worse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 5 post op...actually feeling worse Day 5 post op...actually feeling worse

Unread 09-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Day 5 post op...actually feeling worse

Really tired today. I have this heaviness in my chest that I can't explain. Having a hard time breathing but it is not my asthma, just a heaviness. Still haven't gotten rid of all the gas etc. Have a vaginal tear that is really bothering me today too. And b/c it is the weekend the house is very very busy.

Thanks for letting me vent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Re: Day 5 post op...actually feeling worse

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Gas can cause pain in the chest. Keep taking GasX and get lots of rest. Call your doctor and let them know about your chest pain if it continues. Try using a heating pad and keep taking your pain meds. Hope you get to feeling better really soon!!! Hugs!!!!
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margme View Post
Really tired today. I have this heaviness in my chest that I can't explain. Having a hard time breathing but it is not my asthma, just a heaviness. Still haven't gotten rid of all the gas etc. Have a vaginal tear that is really bothering me today too. And b/c it is the weekend the house is very very busy.

Thanks for letting me vent
I felt a little worse 5 days after my surgery too. Gas can cause chest pain. I hope by now you're feeling a little better! DO NOT overdo! Take it easy.

Hugs! Nan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2010, 09:06 AM

Yes, the gas in the chest can be uncomfortable! The heating pad worked the best for me. You sound a little anxious. Allow yourself to give in to the recovery process. You won't feel "normal" until after one month - so don't rush anything. Lay around without guilt. Let your body do what it needs to do. Some days will be better than others.
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:07 PM

Sorry you are not feeling well. I am also 5 days post-op and was doing great. Then I came home from my Mom's to my husband and 3 year old. My son is making me nervous and upset, I'm sure my hormones are way out of whack. I think I may go back to Mom's, I can't deal with small children right now and it's making me feel guilty.

I actually have little to no gas but alot of cramping. I know this takes time and we can do it! Hang in there!
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:17 PM

ja1975
Wish I could go to Mom's!! I would go back if you can. Think that is part of the issue today. I am expected to cook (or at least heat things up, clean up, drive kids to soccer etc). Plus its the weekend and my 3 kids are around and challenging hubby's patience.

Guess weekdays are easier (mine are 10, 8, and 4).

Good luck to you!!!! You can do it and you will. Take care of yourself
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:41 PM

My daughter is nine and my son in 3. I have been married two times so my oldest is with her dad. How you are doing it with 3 in the house, wow you are super woman! The kids just don't understand we need to rest and it is rough when everyone expects you to do everything. I have been feeling great but now I'm in tears and my hubby just doesn't understand.

Hang in there too! The weekend will be over before we know it then we can rest again. Well at least while the kids are at school :-)
Unread 09-25-2010, 04:21 PM

I will not get discouraged if you don't!!! What did you have done? I have been told by sooo many people that having a hysterectomy was the best thing they have ever done. Sounds weird but I am hoping I get through this and feel that way too.
Unread 09-25-2010, 04:45 PM

Sorry I don't know all the abbreviations that are used, but I had both ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix removed because I had severe endrometriosis. My doctor's words were "you were a mess inside and this should greatly increase my quality of life". Right now I feel like crap so I'm looking forward to that day. I just never dreamed at 34 this would be my life but hey it could be worse.

How about you? Did you have it all removed? Things will get better just one day at a time. We should think of this as a new start!
Unread 09-25-2010, 05:30 PM

In my case they left the ovaries. Usual story....fibroids, heavy frequent bleeding, progressive anemia leading to chronic fatigue. I have a friend who had it "all" out but she is one of the ones who is so happy she did it. She said she had cysts that just kept growing back. She is really petite and couldn't button her pants...plus the pain.

Before this I went to bed with a heating pad every night. I couldn't decide whether to put it on my belly or on my back. By this summer I couldn't button most of my pants either. I felt like I was 5 months pregnant.

My friend uses some kind of hormone cream every day. She said she woke up from surgery with hot flashes. I am sure that is why you are feeling so emotional right now.

I said to another friend that this was going to be like hitting the "reset" button on my life. I need to have energy to play with the kids and keep up with life...and to not feel guilty about not having energy.

I took 2 weeks off from work and am worried that that will be too soon to go back. I work for myself but have clients and parents to answer to so its not all independence. You are right...one day at a time. I feel better this evening because I rested a lot this afternoon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register