Passed a weird thing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Passed a weird thing Passed a weird thing

Unread 07-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Passed a weird thing

I was scheduled for July 17. I was having horrible pains and cramps for about 3 hours a day. It was like labor pains and my uterus was like a fist. On Tuesday afternoon I passed a weird fibrous thing, with white and red globs. I felt so much better. I haven't had a bit of pain since and my bleeding is almost gone. I had asked them to move up my surgery and found out it is rescheduled for July 10. I wish I had kept the thing now but I did take pictures. It really scared me when it happened. It was about 5 inches long and thin and tapered. Anyway I am glad this is getting over with sooner. Can't wait!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Re: Passed a weird thing

So glad they were able to move your date up, Dejahthoris78! Did you get an opportunity to show the pics to your doctor? I wonder if you somehow passed a fibroid. Either way, I am glad you are getting your surgery sooner.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
:cathugs:
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Dejahthoris78 -

Wow. How scary for you! What did the doctor say? I am also glad your surgery is sooner rather than later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2013, 03:17 PM

I passed something similar once. I think it was part of a fibroid that broke loose. I've seen pictures of fibroids since and that's how it looked. I also had one removed during a D&C. I think you will be just fine.

Julieann
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:01 PM

Thanks sooooo much. The doc is on vacation. So I didn't tell him. But I will when I go to pre op Monday. I will call the doc on call if anything else weird or bad happens. I am still no longer in pain except for a slight dull backache and my flow in pretty light. I had called the office a couple times before it passed to tell them about how bad my pains were, more like contractions ( I had all three kids natural) but they just said take ibuprofen. I am really excited and happy about my hyst. I will be sooooooo glad when it's over!!!!!!!! Thanks again for your words of comfort.
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:22 PM

Careful with the ibuprofen. It was on my restricted list for two weeks before surgery. Also on that list was vitamin E, flax seed (I grind it and put it in my yogurt), fish oil pills, etc. All of these thin your blood.

Ask your doctor about what you can take and not take.

Unread 07-06-2013, 03:43 PM

Thanks marestall!!! I haven't had any ibuprofen since Tuesday, July 3. Surgery is July 10 so hopefully that will be good. Not in pain any more now. Also, bleeding is much lighter so that will help my iron levels,I actually feel almost normal and strong now. So I'm so glad I got to recover a bit beforehand.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register