Finally A Date!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally A Date!!!! Finally A Date!!!!

Unread 02-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Finally A Date!!!!

O.k. the big day is for March 2nd!! last night I was feeling very frightened, I am having palpitations and all I think about is that I'm going to die, I think if I keep behaving this way for sure I fell it I am going to have a heart attack. I am so scared I don't know what to do with myself anymore, I am just scared about not coming back I have so many thoughts that run thru my mind I even imagen myself sometimes in the hospital, going thru everything and my back gets tighter and tighter by the minute, what can I do even though I think God is the one that will make any decision about my life or death and then my family will have to deal with it but I think about my son, my mother not much about my husband... all husbands get somebody else after a short while, but my mother and my son that is another story they will suffer if I am not around anymore...

NEED SOME REAL HELP!! THANKS!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Finally a date...

Take a deep breath. You are letting your imagination get the best of you.

I am scheduled for March 4th, so we are through this together. Although complications can happen with any surgery, they are very infrequent and as long as you are going to a major hospital and using a competent surgeon, you have nothing to worry about. Think of the pain you are getting rid of. Assume the best because you will make yourself crazy thinking of the POSSIBLE negatives.

As I see it, life is just going to get better. For me, no more endo, no more fibroids, no more horrible pain, no more periods. Look at the bright side, there is plenty of time to dwell on the negative, if necessary.

Denise
Unread 02-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Finally A Date!!!!

Hi Alina53;
I just got scheduled yesterday - for March 1st, so I understand your anxiety. I have had many of the same thoughts, but keep reminding myself about how many of these are done and how many people I have spoken to that were so glad they did it. Tell your doctor how scared you are - lack of sleep won't help you in recovery.
We'll be on the other side soon - princesses! We'll be telling our stories and consoling the next ladies in waiting. Try to think about how much better you will feel once it's behind you. E-mail me if you'd like to chat. Take care (and take deep breaths!)

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Finally A Date!!!!

My heart goes out to you! Here take my hand quickly and hold on and we'll go through this together. This is the first time I have ever posted so I am not sure I'm doing it right but wanted to reach out to you!! I got my surgery date on 2/1/05...my birthday! I'm scheduled for March 8. I have had all the wild thoughts as you but my back doesn't get tight...oh no..I get the intestinal cramps and must run for the bathrm. Listen, I had gallbladder surgery last July. I went thru the same horrible feelings before but afterwards it was ok....I'm not going to say there weren't some painful times, but I lived and YOU ARE, TOO!! We both are going to because God knows we have people who need us HERE way more than he does in heaven right now! My daughter is 19 and lives with me. She has Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I just remarried on Dec 28 to a wonderful man. I was in an abusive marriage for 26 yrs. I've fought too hard for my happy life. You and I are going to be fighters. Take a deep breath and let's talk some more. I've got to log off in a few minutes but I'll try to check again tonight and we can maybe email directly for a bit if you wish. i'd love to have friend right now. Are you holding my hand tight?!!

Sierra

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register