Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 12-Jun 18,2017 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 12-Jun 18,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 12-Jun 18,2017

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 12-Jun 18,2017

If your hysterectomy was between Jun 12-Jun 18,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2017, 02:13 AM

Hi!

It's 4am on the morning after my 7:30am surgery. Yesterday was a pretty groggy day trying to move those fun gas pains. My doctor had me on a clear liquid diet (still), but the warm broth they brought in really did the trick. The warm liquid helped move things around, so my hubby had to take it to a microwave to warm up quite a few times.

I had a pretty bad one stuck in my inner rib cage for a few hours. My doctor didn't put simethicone for gas on my orders, but my amazing night nurse called him and explained where the pain was (near the stomach) so he could authorize it. One chewable tablet and two minutes of slow dancing with my husband did the trick.

Other than that, I listened to your suggestions on "take the good meds" I normally wouldn't take and you were all correct. I go home today (Tuesday) so we'll see how that car ride goes. I have my binder and pillow ready! Oh, and I cannot wait to eat breakfast! Two days of no eating does not Help my energy.

Good luck on your surgeries... you're going to be great!
Unread 06-13-2017, 02:54 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 12-Jun 18,2017

It's 3:50am the morning after the hysterectomy. So far the worst part has been the pain from the gas. I've been up walking which helped and one of the wonderful nurses gave me a heating pad for my shoulder. Hope everyone else is doing weel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2017, 08:02 AM

My surgery was yesterday at 7:30am. I went home last night. Today is getting much better with pain. I had lots of pain yesterday after surgery. It is getting better today.

Today I am supposed to walk every hour. It is hard work, but it is supposed to be good for recovery.
Unread 06-13-2017, 08:59 AM

I went home last night. I was afraid of the car ride as we live about 30 min away. The nurse had me lie on my side with my head on a pillow. I didn't have any problems. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. They timed my pain pill to be in the maximum effect when I was in the car. Good luck on your car ride home.
Unread 06-13-2017, 01:43 PM

Surgery went well. I am doing good pain wise. In between doses my heating pad is doing the trick. Also have one draped over my shoulders for the gas pain. Drinking peppermint tea and taking Gas X as well.

I am feeling way better than I expected to feel.
I am still a little worried because the pain I had before the surgery is still there. Bladder pressure, back pain and feeling like I need to push. It didn't go away and I didn't get the relief I thought I would. Nurses are saying it's because of the cuff and catheter still inside me.

I'm tired and want to sleep but my nurses checks me every hour. Can't wait to sleep at home.

Hope everyone else is recovering well.
Unread 06-13-2017, 08:17 PM

to the other side ladies.
I apologize for not catching up with you sooner as I took my husband into the ER yesterday and he was finally admitted about 5:30 am.
It sounds like you have some good plans in place for managing the gas pains.
My nurse told me to put the head of my bed down and raise my feet so the gas would move away from my diaphragm. The pains are cause by pressure on the phrenic nerve in the diaphragm.
The warm blankets around my shoulders was helpful also.
Walking helps move the gas on out.
Remember to drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest and

Take your pain meds on time to stay on top of your pain.

I will check in again when I get home this evening.
Love, prayers and

DH
Unread 06-14-2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHinWA View Post

to the other side ladies.
I apologize for not catching up with you sooner as I took my husband into the ER yesterday and he was finally admitted about 5:30 am.
It sounds like you have some good plans in place for managing the gas pains.
My nurse told me to put the head of my bed down and raise my feet so the gas would move away from my diaphragm. The pains are cause by pressure on the phrenic nerve in the diaphragm.
The warm blankets around my shoulders was helpful also.
Walking helps move the gas on out.
Remember to drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest and

Take your pain meds on time to stay on top of your pain.

I will check in again when I get home this evening.
Love, prayers and

DH
Prayers for your Husband. Bless your heart for checking in on us here.

I've had two rounds of bad pain and not being able to get it under control before I was a blubbering mess. I knew each time what was wrong but the nurses insisted I didn't. I needed to urinate. "The ride in the car and no restroom in sight for the next 20 miles kinda pee!" It took me a good 30 minutes after they removed my catheter to go. Now I sit till I feel it's empty. It's a ton of pressure still and I had issues with urinating before. I go more than normal. If I don't, it hurts!

Some good things:

I've been walking more now and gas pains are almost completely gone. Ginger ale has helped with this a lot!

Pain is ok now. About a 5

Gas pains are 1-2

Walking and getting out of bed is easier; I don't ask for help.

Few bad things:

My a/c doesn't work in my room so it's hot in here and I'm not having hot flashes. I'm sweating because the a/c is broken. (Had a not so nice nurse)

I was in pain 2 times that were really bad and it's not my hormones. That isn't why I'm crying. I needed to pee and was told that wasn't that. I didn't listen to her and ask her to leave the restroom.
(same not so nice nurse)

Are you just going to sit there and cry was also said to me. (Same nurse) Well maybe.

She's gone now and I won't see her again. New nurse is awesome and called the dr and I got more meds and something to help me sleep. Of course I am up to pee again.

All and all this isn't as bad as I thought it would be and I know my body. No more second guessing myself.

Hoping I get to go home today.
Unread 06-14-2017, 01:09 AM

Here are some articles that may give you more information for these first few days.

CO2 Gas Relief after Laparoscopic Hysterectomy

How Long Will the Pain Last after Hysterectomy?

Hysterectomy Recovery

Getting In and Out of Bed after Hysterectomy

HysterSisters Post-Op Hysterectomy 1-2

Tummy Care | Swelly Belly

Catheters after Hysterectomy

10 Tips for Temporary Urinary Retention after Hysterectomy

scastle2003

It is not uncommon to have swelling and a feeling of pressure after surgery. Much work has been done and it will take some time for the swelling to go down.

DH
Unread 06-14-2017, 01:52 AM

Hello all! It's 339am EST and about 19 hrs post op. I'm thankful for this pain pump. I had an TAH w/BSO. My husband was told I had a scare but they were able to get things under control. Doc didn't elaborate, he didn't ask and I haven't spoken to her yet. Surgery started about 830am and was over almost at 11am. I regained consciousness around noon and wheeled to my room at 1230. I was loopy, in & out until about 330. IMO my previous 3 C-sections were a little more tolerable than this. I have a bikini cut with dual ports on the sides. I've learned from previous C-sections to sip liquids and not use straws so my gas is pretty minimal. I'm starting to feel it roll but haven't passed any yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register