Depression and guilt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depression and guilt Depression and guilt

Unread 03-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Depression and guilt

I am ten days away from surgery. Mentally and emotionally I am a wreck! I don't want to be around anybody friends or family! I feel guilty about being less of a mom and wife right now. Yet I don't have the get up and go to even try to do better. I want to do nothing but be alone and sleep. I can't tell anyone this for fear they will think I am being a drama queen. I feel that I am half crazy for being in such a state because thier are so many people out there that go throught this. I have no idea what to do. I don't know how to explain all I'm feeling but I had to tell some one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Depression and Guilt

Oh Cowazie, you really should talk to your doctor about this. I had the same problem. I would cry for no apparant reason and I would snap at my husband and my kids alot. I finally called my doctor and she gave me an anti anxiety that I can take as needed. You really should discuss this with your doctor. You do not desearve to suffer like this. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Please let me know how you are doing.
Unread 03-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Depression and guilt

I agree with Nessa...you should contact your doctor and describe what you are experiencing. I think that many of us have been "basket cases" in the days prior to surgery! I too was prescribed a sedative to take as needed when the anxiety and worry got really bad. It helped a ton! One more thing....anyone with half a brain should be able to understand how you are feeling, as very few people could honestly say that the prospect of going into a hospital for major surgery is not a stressful situation. You are completely normal for feeling as you do! Best wishes for a positive experience and speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 05:13 PM
not a wreck

No Cawazie - You have company with you there. Thank GOD my DH went out of town this weekend on business. I go Wed and I just wanted to be by myself. I have a toddler but his company I can hanble. He just chatters. I can respond without much. I just really want to be in my own space.

I don't know if I am being a drama queen or not but this is just how I feel. I have been hyper getting things done but still in my private world.

Sorry for the rambling - just wanted to let you know I feel that way too.
Unread 03-28-2004, 06:04 PM
It's OK

This is one of those times when you need to do what you need to do ! I'ts not being a drama queen.

I do agree with getting some anti anxiety medicine just to get you over the hump. Be sure to ask for something that is fast acting, some of them take two weeks to kick in.

Take care
Unread 03-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Depression and guilt

I felt like I was heading towards being catatonic until yesterday. Nothing we had in the house could be prepared to eat in less than two hours, so elder child and I went to Walmart. I went berzerk!

$327.00 and four hours later, we crawled in the house. But I felt great!

I'm not entirely sure I can afford this, but I'm not taking anything back.
Unread 03-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Depression and guilt

you are So not alone!
I am having my TAH on April 7th and as the days pass by I get worse & worse I am terrified of the pre op operation & revovery room its not the pain im scared of Maybe its the rhought os not being in control? I just want it all over & to be back home!!!!
Unread 03-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Depression and guilt

COWAZIE

I feel your pain girl. I am scheduled to have a TAH on 4/9 with maybe left ovary going. I am stressed about it to and feel the same way you do, "JUST LEAVE ME BE" I live in a house full of males, 5 males - me, and I feel like they don't get it.

I agree with the others, ask for something to help relieve the stress. If I didn't have my valium I think all of the guys would be tied up out in my pasture with the horses by now. LOL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register