Anyone else have jitters? (having surgery 12/17) - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have jitters? (having surgery 12/17) Anyone else have jitters? (having surgery 12/17)

Unread 12-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Re: Anyone else have jitters about surgery?

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way. I understand how you feel. I was told "everything needed to come out NOW" but surgery has been sceduled for January 13th. Not looking forward to surgery but this wait is making me crazy. Especially after the doctor saying surgery should be done before Christmas.
We will get through this. I'll say an extra prayer for you. Besh wishes for an uneventful surgery and a comfortable recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2013, 09:19 AM

I have a month till my surgery, this site has been very helpful, you ladies are up front and honest and I need the truth not nothing to be sugar coated. My children are older and able to look after me but i am so nervous all the time, that I wonder what will go wrong and I cry alot.
I wish all of you ladies the best of luck
Unread 12-24-2013, 09:59 AM

Sending hugs and prayers your way Malikah. We will make it through this. In the mean time if you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Anyone else have jitters? (having surgery 12/17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne1313 View Post
Sending hugs and prayers your way Malikah. We will make it through this. In the mean time if you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here.
Thanks...
Unread 12-24-2013, 10:47 AM

I think I am making my family crazy because the surgery is all I think about, I. Have prayed about it so I am not going to stress about it.
Unread 12-24-2013, 01:03 PM

I relate so much to the nervousness and anxiety you ladies are feeling... My surgery is in two days. I just got my check in time, YIKES! But I do have to tell you about something I found that's helping me TREMENDOUSLY!!!! It's called Meditations to Promote a Successful Surgery. I'm not a huge meditation person but I've been so overwhelmed that I was willing to try ANYTHING! I have to admit, the first two times I went through it I cried. It was crazy, but it has calmed me down 80%. I am SO thankful. It cost me $17.49, but it was worth it. There is even part that you can put on and "listen to" while you're actually in surgery if your doctor will let you. I guess it's proven to reduce complications and improve healing too. Anyways I just wanted to share because of how much it helped me, and how willing i was to try anything to get rid of my jitters!! Anyways, Good luck ladies! Here's to uneventful surgeries and quick easy recoveries for us all!! Happy Holidays!
Unread 12-24-2013, 02:27 PM

Wow its so funny this thread popped up on my phone alert. I looked back and sure enough posted sbout my preop jitters nov 5th. I am 3 weeks post op today and can say it isn't bad. Happy holidays
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MywayMytime View Post
The 20th is coming fast for me. I had a reschedule happen or I would be going in on the 13th. I have pre admission testing tomorrow. I am crazy in the head about, that! I wish they would have left my date the same, because now I have even longer to think and worry! I just hope it happens on the 20th and isn't push up again. My palms get sweaty and my heart starts to race at the thought of going in. I have an anxiety disorder though so with that being said. It's my normal ol self spazzing out. Good luck on your day ladies, and happy healing! xoxo
I have an anxiety disorder too so I COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from. How did everything go?
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyBlue View Post
I was terrified about surgery, and kept second-guessing whether I chose the right doctor, the right procedure, the right hospital, etc. I'd wake up and be nervous.

But then I'd go back to the facts -- my doctor was highly recommended and rated, the hospital was one of the best, and women have been getting this procedure for a while so it's not like I'm a guinea pig on the operating table. It didn't erase all my nerves, but it did help.

What really helped is reminding myself to take one step at a time. ONE STEP. If I focused on the one step I had to do and stop focusing on all the ifs and coulds in the surgery, I was calmer. So the night before, when I was doing all the pre-op preparations (medical douche, saline cleanse, etc), I would take a deep breath and just do each thing my dr. told me, one at a time (and I had never done any of those things he told me to do, which really made me squeamish). I actually slept fairly well the night before my surgery. Then, when I had to go to the hospital, I took driving there as the one step to focus on. Checking in was another step. Getting an IV was just another step (which, for a person with such an extreme fear of needles that I don't have my ears pierced, was a huge fear!). Getting on the operating table and an epidural was just one step. Etc... I just tried to focus on the immediate and not the future, which I have no control over.

Being nervous is totally understandable! And totally human! My advice is to just live in the now and not in the imaginary future. And, my recovery from TAH has been great, so I pray that yours are, too!
Thanks for the great advice. I'll be needing it VERY SOON!
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Hello Sisters!
I am a little over 3 weeks postop! I received a notification from where I had posted on this thread before my surgery so I came back to check it out. Reading about your nervousness reminds me of how scared I was. At this point, I can honestly say that I did a lot of unnecessary worrying about things and now I realize it was mostly fear of the unknown. I had never had major surgery before and would be fine one minute and freaking out with a panic attack the next. Even in pre-op, I kept telling the nurses to please make sure I was unaware before going into the OR and having anything put on my face. All of that was totally a waste of time! lol. I could've cared less what they did after they gave me something for relaxation. I definitely recommend an epidural for pain management instead of morphine. It was started before surgery and stayed in until the next day and I didn't feel disoriented at all.
This site is great and helped me so much....and still is! I wish you all the best and will be praying for you to be calm from now and throughout your surgery and recovery. God Bless you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register