Please help..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help..... Please help.....

Unread 04-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Please help.....

I am soooooo sorry to ask yet another question!

I have stage 4 endo, my last lap was 11/2 years ago and not much was done to halt the 'weed' from growing.

A week ago I started feeling nauseous. I thought it was the vicodin I used for pain so I stopped that. Then I thought it was a stomach virus, so I waited.

Today I go to Wal-mart to start putting together my gift basket for the nurses and staff and I'm in PAIN and going into the bathroom to puke.

I'm losing weight, which isn't a bad thing for me right now, but I've got 2 weeks until surgery. I don't know what to do about this nauseousness. Is it common for endo? I've never had it like this before.

I know I should call my doctor, but he's out today and I've bothered the receptionist so much already that I'm afraid to call again.

Should I just wait? I don't know what to do.

Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Please help.....

(((Rita)))

Don't worry about bothering the receptionist too much, it's her job after all. I would call and ask to speak to either a DR covering for your DR or to his nurse.

Please don't wait, call today. Hopefully it is nothing, but asking will put your mind at ease.

Best wishes, and please let us know what you find out.
Unread 04-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Please help.....

Rita,

I agree, call your doctor today!! That's what they are there for. You want to make sure you are feeling better. I am scheduled for surgery on Monday and came down with bronchitis last week and didn't want to be sick for surgery, with an abdominal, who wants to be coughing like that. Ugh. So, please call your doctor!

I hope you are feeling better soon!

BES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Please help.....

Hi Rita---

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well !

I agree with Mary Lou----please call your doctor's office. You are not feeling well, and they are there to help you.

's to you.
Unread 04-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Hi Rita,

I agree, go ahead and call the receptionist. They're used to nervous patients calling in, that's their job after all.

And don't apologize for asking questions here on Hyster Sisters, that's what WE'RE here for!!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

s,

Lisa
Unread 04-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Please help.....

Rita;

Call your doctor. That's why he gets the big bucks. Feel better.

I know one of my big worries is that I'll get sick and my surgery will postponed...

Kathy
Unread 04-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Please help.....

I came down with a "yucky something or other" 2 weeks before surgery. Dr. hooked me up to an IV in the ER and gave me antibiotics. I was better and ready for surgery less than two weeks later!!

Don't worry about asking questions. You are having major surgery and have a right to know what is going to happen and what you can do to recover quicker. I would have given anything to have a site like this when I was preparing for surgery and again after coming home. I had to feel my way around and my spouse at the time was not supportive. My mom tried but she didn't know how to answer questions and I just did what I could do to make myself comfortable. We are all here for each other and to get each other through. The best thing for me about this site is to see where I have been, where I am at now, even though it has been such a long time since surgery, and what I need to do to feel even better about myself. I used to just slink around and feel kind of like damaged merchandise.......I am proud now for taking control of my pain and making the decisions I did. I feel like more of a woman now than I did......and I thank everyone for that.

Ask away cuz I can bet you.....there is one or a thousand of us that were/are/will be in your shoes.
Unread 04-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Please help.....

Rita -

Please don't worry about calling your Dr. I apologized to my dr for calling one day and his reply was " You are going thru something you've never done before. Don't feel bad about calling, you've never been thru this before" ..I think every dr. should be as good as the one I have. I hope everything is alright. Please call the Dr. they may want to see you and check you out even if you have to go to the E.R.

Take Care

Chuckie
Unread 04-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Please help.....

I'm very nauceous, too. I'm not vomiting but I'm surprised I'm not because it gets so bad sometimes. I think it's the hormones being all out of wack.

Benedryl (or the generic version, it's an antihistime) will settle your stomach and put you to sleep. Take it at night to get some relief.

I've also noticed that I tend to get sicker (pain, nausea, spotting, feeling overall cruddy) when I'm trying to do too much. When you're feeling particularly bad, take a break.

Do you also have a stuffy nose? A feeling of fullness in your ears? On the verge of feeling like you're "coming down with something"? It could be the hormones.
Unread 04-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Thank you everyone....

I'm still feeling nauseous, but now I'm treating my body more carefully. It's upset for some reason, so I will have to eat/drink accordingly.

Diet coke actually helped me this morning. Weird. I remember some coca-cola syrup they sold in the drug store before for upset stomachs.

I think it's the endo. The more I stand/walk the worse the pain gets and then the worse the upset stomach is. :P

I'm really experiencing the full force of the pain now without the meds. It is horrible. I've been covering it up so long I didn't realize how bad it was.

Thank you again for your help. I will call the doc's office and maybe try some Benedryl if they okay it for me. I have allergies, so it would help me stop sneezing today too.

You ladies are AWESOME!

Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register