4 weeks post hysterectomy - two days ago I started feeling really depressed... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy - two days ago I started feeling really depressed... 4 weeks post hysterectomy - two days ago I started feeling really depressed...

Unread 04-07-2016, 02:39 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy - two days ago I started feeling really depressed...

I had partial hysterectimy ovaries and part of cervix retained on 10th March. Apart from pelvic pain all was not too bad. Then two days ago i started feelihg really depresssed...i have not slept for last two nights...i feel so down i cant be botheted with anyrlthing in life. I know i am a very blessed and lucky person but i dont know whats wrong with me. I lost my mum 6 years ago and i keep crying for her which is ridiculous as i am 46 not 6!.Surely simce i kept my ovaries it should not be like this i was fine until two days ago..any ideas please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2016, 06:33 AM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy - two days ago I started feeling really depressed...

Was it about this time of year that you lost your mum? It could be that your recent surgery plus the anniversary of her death has triggered a fresh round of grieving for you. Grieving what you've lost is never ridiculous. It's part of being human.

"Can't be bothered with anything in life" and *knowing* but not being able to *feel* that you're "a very blessed and lucky person" are very typical symptoms of clinical depression. If they continue, you may want to see your GP about going on anti-depressants, at least temporarily.

In the meantime, take care of yourself. I know for myself that when I'm having an active depressive episode, it helps to take myself by the scruff of the neck and shove myself outside the door to go for walks. I never feel like going for a walk, but I always feel better when I get back. And the activity helps regulate my appetite and sleep patterns.
Unread 04-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy - two days ago I started feeling really depressed...

I'm 4 weeks and it happened to me 2 days ago also. It's been awful!! So down and I am never down and depressed. I'm blaming it on hormones. I have my ovaries also but I'm still blaming it on hormones. I truly hope it lessens soon for both of us!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
Was it about this time of year that you lost your mum? It could be that your recent surgery plus the anniversary of her death has triggered a fresh round of grieving for you. Grieving what you've lost is never ridiculous. It's part of being human.

"Can't be bothered with anything in life" and *knowing* but not being able to *feel* that you're "a very blessed and lucky person" are very typical symptoms of clinical depression. If they continue, you may want to see your GP about going on anti-depressants, at least temporarily.

In the meantime, take care of yourself. I know for myself that when I'm having an active depressive episode, it helps to take myself by the scruff of the neck and shove myself outside the door to go for walks. I never feel like going for a walk, but I always feel better when I get back. And the activity helps regulate my appetite and sleep patterns.
Hi
Im not sure if im doing this right its my first reply! Thanks for response..No my mum died in Aug but i guess its all pobably tied in to end of childbearing and being in house filled with men! I will go walk and try shakethis off otherwise perhaps i need a trip to docs....sorry to whinge very unlike me...but feel very scared and alone...take care of yourself x
Unread 04-07-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uu hystersyster View Post
Hi
Im not sure if im doing this right its my first reply! Thanks for response..No my mum died in Aug but i guess its all pobably tied in to end of childbearing and being in house filled with men! I will go walk and try shakethis off otherwise perhaps i need a trip to docs....sorry to whinge very unlike me...but feel very scared and alone...take care of yourself x
No need to apologize for "whinging." I live with chronic depression. Active depressive episodes *are* scary, they *do* make you feel alone. The hormones in your body and the neurotransmitters in your brain zig when they should be zagging, and the result is this horrible emotional state.

Please know that you're not alone, that there are things you can do to help yourself and more things that your doctor can do to help you. Most of all, please know that where you are now is *not* a permanent state of being. You're in a tunnel. There's a light at the end, even if you can't see it right now.
Unread 04-07-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
No need to apologize for "whinging." I live with chronic depression. Active depressive episodes *are* scary, they *do* make you feel alone. The hormones in your body and the neurotransmitters in your brain zig when they should be zagging, and the result is this horrible emotional state.

Please know that you're not alone, that there are things you can do to help yourself and more things that your doctor can do to help you. Most of all, please know that where you are now is *not* a permanent state of being. You're in a tunnel. There's a light at the end, even if you can't see it right now.
Thank you x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register