cellulitis in incision area after hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cellulitis in incision area after hysterectomy? cellulitis in incision area after hysterectomy?

Unread 12-10-2015, 09:43 PM
cellulitis in incision area after hysterectomy?

im a little over 2 weeks out, I went for my post op visit and it seems i have developed cellulitis in my incision area. It looks bad and hurts but the nurse practitioner said it wasn't a big deal. I'm reading that it is a big deal and should be on antibiotics. anyone else had this happen? I plan to call the dr in the morning he wasn't in the office today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Re: cellulitis ?

I had cellulitis on my lower leg several years ago. I remember how painful it was and that I also had flu-like symptoms with it. I was given oral antibiotics, which I took for several days. However, the infection didn't respond so I had to have IV antibiotics every day for two weeks. If you can't reach your doctor tomorrow or if the infection spreads you might consider going to the ER for treatment.
Unread 12-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Re: cellulitis in incision area after hysterectomy?

Cellulitis is nothing to mess with. If you have any red lines streaking away from the incision site, go the the ER right away.

The rate of spread is important - you can take a sharpie and make a few dots to show the extent of the infection and then check every 15 minutes to see if it is spreading.

I can't believe the NP sent you off without antibiotics for an obvious infection. I don't want to scare you, but this stuff can change very rapidly and from personal experience from a previous surgery that it spreads fast and if you don't get it treated early it can be very difficult to deal with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2015, 04:24 AM

A friend of mine got cellulitis in his leg - he was very very ill for about 4 months and unable to walk for most of that time. Definitely not something to ignore!

Unread 12-11-2015, 08:00 AM

Thank you guys yes thats exactly what I thought. I called the dr already left a message. If I don't hear from him by noon heading to er thank y'all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register