Scheduled TAH Afraid and needing support - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Afraid and needing support Afraid and needing support

Unread 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Re: Afraid and needing support

I had the EXACT same thing on 6/25. You're right, the before blood tests and worrying about cyst was draining. They too did a frozen section during surgery. Thank GOD everything turned out clean. I am very happy with my decision to have everything removed. I thought the internal bruising would never go away, however, I am one month today and I have been walking since this past Saturday. I honestly feel the walking has really improved my energy and overall well being. I still have swelly belly (have no idea how long that will last), but love the binder I bought off this site (fits great under clothes). This site is fantastic for venting, confirming every ache/pain you feel is normal and someone else here will COMPLETELY understand what you're going through. Hang in there - I'm sure your cyst pathology will be fine and you will heal fantastic and feel great by Thanksgiving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2009, 06:46 PM

Hi there!

Is it possible to have swelly belly before the big day? I've been feeling so swelly and yucky lately--of course I'm also spotting from time to time. My tummy is usually flat as a pancake but not now and it hasn't been for a month or so.

The ovarian cyst is pretty big but could a cyst cause bloating? Is that a goofy question?

I'm going on Saturday to get some clothes for post-op. I'm planning on using the advice from this site to make a few fashion decisions. I'm taking this expert advice on the extra-large drawstring style and the undies stuff. Also I hope to order the band from our sisterhood!

Thanks for your wisdom, sisters dear!
baltchick
Unread 07-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Hi baltchick

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and to grieve when you face a hysterectomy, and the cyst just gives you one more thing to worry about

Just take it one day at a time, and know that we are here for you.

:hugs5:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2009, 08:33 PM

The wait really was the worst....and I had a swelly belly before...still waiting to get my flat tummy back but it's only been 4 weeks.

I came back from the recovery room and told my mom and sister in law how surprised I was that I felt OK...the recovery has been tough in that I'm bored and frustrated but I am 100% glad that I had my surgery....no regrets at all.

As for wardrobe, babydoll dresses are my friend!!

Best of luck to you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register