What is that at incision site? Losing my mind? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is that at incision site? Losing my mind? What is that at incision site? Losing my mind?

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:59 AM
What is that at incision site? Losing my mind?

Hi! LAVH mar 22. Losing my mind at not feeling better or being able toplan anything. Had several good days but this whole week has been a wash. I am dizzy, tired, anxious, cranky, sore--you know--just plain miserable! Cant make the family events as never know how I wil feel or if I get there and want to come straight home. Also--I seem to have a stich or two poking out of incision site at lower abdomen. Is it internal coming out? Just one left over still poking out? It is a little sore and not infected--can I just trim it? should I be worried? It is a clear fishing line type thread. It is itchy and I keep lightly rubbing on it hoping it will fall off alone. Any words of advise sisters before I pull my hair out! Thanks for listening--my family doesnt quite get why it is taking so long. they think I should be out dancing by now and am purposly avoiding them. My BF is hoping this wont be weekend 5 laying around. Really--I'm trying to put on a happy face and push through--but I feel crappy and want to cry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Re: What is that at incision site? Losing my mind?

Your still early in recovery. Your in the 3 week at this point it came be one step forward and two steps back. It actually takes 6 months to a year to be completely healed. You don't want to over do it, you only have one chance to heal right. I had a lavth/bso 11.5 weeks ago and I still have days I need to take it easy. Listen to your body, it will tell you if your doing to much.
Unread 04-15-2011, 12:48 PM

I had a some stitching sticking out too, my doctor snipped it off for me, don't pull it but if you can get someone to cut it close to you skin you could do that. It is probably where they started or stopped sewing.

As for the cranky, tired, anxious stuff, you're stiill early in recovery, I'm a couple of weeks ahead and know how it feels, you will get better and have more good days,

Best of luck to you x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2011, 01:32 PM

No, you are not losing your mind. You are normal, and healing.
You can snip the thread, close to the skin. But DON`T PULL ANYTHING! Keep the incision clean and dry.
Pace yourself, listening when your body says slow down.
You still need to get your feet up often.
Alot got done inside you, and healing is not done at 3 weeks!!!!
Read up on other peoples journies on this site, and ignore those voices of guilt around you. They just don´t know what they are saying.
So, put those feet up, with some upbeat or soothing music on to drown out the negative voices!!! on the inside while resting on the outside!
Hugs,
Bev
2 weeks post op BSO
7 weeks post op SAH
Unread 04-17-2011, 07:16 AM

THANK YOU ALL! Thanks for all the support sisters! I am so grateful that I have you. Your advice and support are keeping me from losing it some days. I will try and take it slow--dont want to mess it up--dont that before with and it will be an issue forever--pushed myself to walk after leg and ankle surg.--thanks again! Love to all!
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:16 AM

Your symtoms were exactly like mine. I rubbed that area thinking that it would make it disolve faster, but then my incision popped open overnight at four weeks post op. It has been two weeks now and is almost healed up. I would call your doctor and ask what to do.

I have to put 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water on it several times a day. I don't need to cover it anymore, but when it was 3/4 inch long and very deep, I covered it with a sterile pad. I got a syringe from the drug store to be able to stream it in there easily. My doctor said to not use cotton either, as the fibers can trap inside and infect it further.

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel901 View Post
Hi! LAVH mar 22. Also--I seem to have a stich or two poking out of incision site at lower abdomen. Is it internal coming out? Just one left over still poking out? It is a little sore and not infected--can I just trim it? should I be worried? It is a clear fishing line type thread. It is itchy and I keep lightly rubbing on it hoping it will fall off alone. Any words of advise sisters before I pull my hair out! .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register