Scheduled TVH Need advice - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberi View Post
So now I need so serious mental health. Dr came in to talk to me. This tumor that was size of tennis ball ..,, reason we did all this. Well dr didn't even know what to say. After removing left ovary and uterus there was no tumor! I'm extremely lost right now I just went thru all this for nothing! Not upset with her or anyone because we did every test and colonoscopy, ct scan, ultrasounds all showed tumor. But how to coupe with finding out there wasn't one. I'm so angrey sad and frustrated. Nothing I can do now but I just need advice on coupling
Amberi
Wow, I'm so sorry. I can't believe that they found nothing. I can only imagine your frustration. I don't know what to say. Warm wishes and many many hugs.
Belinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Re: Need advice

Can you keep your ovaries and then go back and have them taken out later if they cause you trouble? Maybe getting the other stuff out will help them. (Don't know- I'm totally making stuff up. Haha) I get you wanting to keep your ovaries- I'm 41 and my surgery is a week from tomorrow and I'm tempted to draw two dancing ovaries on my stomach that say "we stay!!"

Good luck!! Xoxo
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:06 PM

They say keep your ovaries if your under 50 and they are ok. I kept right one cuz left was bad. But I would say keep if you can!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by baristajan22 View Post
Can you keep your ovaries and then go back and have them taken out later if they cause you trouble? Maybe getting the other stuff out will help them. (Don't know- I'm totally making stuff up. Haha) I get you wanting to keep your ovaries- I'm 41 and my surgery is a week from tomorrow and I'm tempted to draw two dancing ovaries on my stomach that say "we stay!!"

Good luck!! Xoxo

I'm 39 and 3 weeks post op and I have had both of my ovaries removed. I decided to have them removed due to family history. I have to tell you I feel AMAZING❗❗❗❗❗�� I now take 1mg estradiol and feel better than I have in years. For me it was the best thing that I could have done. It is a very personal choice but you will know in your heart what is right for you. I wish you the best of luck. Warm wishes and many hugs. See you on the other side.
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baristajan22 View Post

Good luck!! Xoxo
My doctors told me that if there wasn't any family history of ovarian cancer and they are healthy that it is better to keep them. Allow your body to normally go through menopause naturally when your body is ready. I am 48 and I kept both my ovaries and the only thing I have noticed is a couple weeks after surgery when they started waking up from the shock of losing half its blood supply with the uterus gone that I had some teary eyed moments over tv shows and fluctuations in emotions. It lasted a couple days and now I feel just fine. It really is a personal decision and you should do research and discuss with more then one doctor. I did not want to have to monitor my hormones for years with medicine and wanted my body to do it naturally. Good luck and whatever decision you make is the right one because you made it for yourself. Big hugs !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register