Gas pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Gas pain

Just came home today from the hospital feeling well except for the gas pain. I'm sure it's talked about somewhere on the site but I can't sit here long enough to find it. Had DeVinci surgery on Tuesday the 22 6:30 AM. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Re: Gas pain

Welcome home! Are you referring to gas pain from surgery (in shoulders and/or chest), or digestion gas pains? If it's the latter, I'm sure someone else will pop in with advice (I was lucky and had no issues there).

If it's the shoulder pain, wow, I think that was always the worst part of any surgery I ever had. Here's what worked for me: Get someone to massage your shoulders - it moves the gas out. If you don't have anyone around, pat yourself on the back literally - you end up belching like a baby, but it really does help. I also found that sipping warm liquids and using a heating pad for shoulders/neck helped too.

(People recommend walking/moving, which really is the best to get it out, but it's not always quick enough and if you're hurting, it's hard to move sometimes.)

Good luck, and I hope you feel more comfortable soon!
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:25 PM

Wow I didn't think of the pain in my shoulders as gas pain. I'm going to try your suggestions. I also have a lot of digestive gas pains. I been burping but not much from the other end. There is so much gas I just lay there and listen to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 09:54 PM

Gas x helped for bloating and gas pain. Walking helps to get the air moving. Also,wetting a towel, and putting it in the microwave and putting it in a plastic bag (freezer bag) helped as a warm compress on above your belly button. not too hot though.
Hope this helps you a little.
Unread 11-24-2011, 12:03 PM

I had Davinci on the 22nd at 7am! From my bellybutton up is full of gas & it wont come out- it just shifts when I get up or lay down. My doc says to take a laxative so I'm hoping it will help.
I already feel better today- do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetwoman View Post
Just came home today from the hospital feeling well except for the gas pain. I'm sure it's talked about somewhere on the site but I can't sit here long enough to find it. Had DeVinci surgery on Tuesday the 22 6:30 AM. Thanks for any help.
Unread 11-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Gas pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaAngel View Post
I had Davinci on the 22nd at 7am! From my bellybutton up is full of gas & it wont come out- it just shifts when I get up or lay down. My doc says to take a laxative so I'm hoping it will help.
I already feel better today- do you?
Yes I'm feeling a lot better today. I've been taking Motrin 200 mg every 6 hours and it's really taken care of the pain. I finally passed the gas. Wow did that hurt! I've quite a bit of mucus I'm coughing up I guess from the tube. The coughing hurts a lot too. I start looking for my extra pillow as soon as I feel it coming on. Holding the pillow tight helps a lot. I hope you keep doing well. Whos cooking thanksgiving for you? This is the first time in 23 years that I didn't cook thanksgiving. My 16 year old daughter is doing it along with my 20 year old daughter in law. Sounds like its going well so far. They are asking a lot of questions but so far all the right smells coming from the kitchen. It's killing me not to go in there but every time I try everyone tells me to sit down.
Unread 11-24-2011, 02:37 PM

My sister is cooking but I don't feel like going to her house to eat so I will get leftovers I still haven't passed any gas or stool- have you?
Unread 11-24-2011, 02:43 PM

No b.m. for me yet, and actually dreading it. I'm having a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen so I'm sure I'll have to face it sooner rather than later. I have passed some gas but not enough. It was really hard to get it out.
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Gas pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaAngel View Post
My sister is cooking but I don't feel like going to her house to eat so I will get leftovers I still haven't passed any gas or stool- have you?
. I've passed gas now but no BM yet. I'm a little nervous about it. Passing urine the first couple of times was bad enough. Passing the gas hurt a lot so I don't know what pushing a BM will feel like. I can't think it will be a party.
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:33 PM

I had one on Monday and I am still feeling the pain. Are you feeling it in your shoulders? I got a heating pad and put it across my shoulders. It is not as bad today. Your belly should start to ease up tomorrow or late tonight. I hope you feel better. I know what you are going through. It is all kind of scary. Good luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register