Looks like a small area is coming apart | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Looks like a small area is coming apart Looks like a small area is coming apart

Unread 10-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Looks like a small area is coming apart

Just got done with a shower and laid down to pat dry my incision, because of having a belly I really can't see the incision so decided to use my cell phone and take a picture. Well the one area looks like it has started to pull apart and has a small lip. But otherwise is dry. Should I call my Doc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Re: Looks like a small area is coming apart

I would if for nothing else if will given you peace of mind from asking
Unread 10-17-2012, 07:57 AM

I wish I could answer your question. I think when in doubt call! The worst that can happen is they say its normal. It will make you feel better. I had vaginal/da Vinci so only 5 small incisions... They told me the main things to watch for: fever, redness and heat in incision area and oozing or pus, signs of infection. A small area pulling apart would not concern me but I'm not you and not there to see exactly what you mean... i would call. if anything you will feel better, or ifs its an issue can get it taken care of quickly! I have tape strips over mine and was informed not to touch them..at all. They fall off when the fall off. Not quite same as tah.

Let us know how you make out! Don't stress to much! I'm sure it will be fine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2012, 08:16 AM

Cattle Gal,

I had a horizontal incision with staples on the inside and then tape strips on the outside. I was told to keep the incision clean and dry and that the strips would come off on there own.
The area that has come apart slightly, the tape is scrunched together a little ways away. Looks like it could be two or 3 pieces.
My problem is that I have about 4 inch over hang of belly and the incision is on the over hang, not on the flat of my stomach.
Just called the Dr. and no one is on today so am waiting for a call back to see what to do. If anything.
Unread 10-17-2012, 10:19 AM

Just to put your mind at rest. I was taking pics with my phone the first few days as couldn't look over my swollen belly. I was in tears to my husband because it looked open in places. He said it looked fabulous and was not open at all. For me it was the flash on the camera, reflecting on scabs that had formed. This might be the case for you. Get someone to look for you. If it is open a tiny bit don't worry as this happens. But it probably isn't. X
Unread 10-17-2012, 11:05 AM

I am going into see my doc in the morning at 9.

Mrs. Rusty, my cell phone has no flash, so it could not be that. I could see how it was laying before I took the actual photo because my cell phone has a mirror cover and I could see it in the reflection.

I feel better seeing my doc in the AM. Even if it is nothing.
Unread 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Looks like a small area is coming apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi Cay View Post
I am going into see my doc in the morning at 9.

Mrs. Rusty, my cell phone has no flash, so it could not be that. I could see how it was laying before I took the actual photo because my cell phone has a mirror cover and I could see it in the reflection.

I feel better seeing my doc in the AM. Even if it is nothing.
It was worth mentioning! It will definitely make you feel better to see your doctor, that is what they are there for, to ease our minds and make sure we are ok. Good luck and let us know how you get on. X
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:56 AM

Went to the Dr. yesterday, I did pull a small area part. Doc said it looked very good otherwise, dry and clean. No infection. He cleaned it and put small amount of a tape over it. No lifting or stretching, I go back in next Thursday for my reg. post op check up and to see how it is coming along. I am being even more careful then I was.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register