Started bowel prep...not as bad as you think - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Started bowel prep...not as bad as you think Started bowel prep...not as bad as you think

Unread 10-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Started bowel prep...not as bad as you think

Been doing okay, really don't feel too bad...but I've gotten dizzy in the last little bit...I'm thinking I'm not drinking enough..so I'm going to up my water intake. Hope you're doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Glad to hear that you are doing okay also, make sure you drink some water, I forgot to and was feeling yucky until I realized I was getting dehydrated. I feel great now. I am sure I will talk to you again in the posts.
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM

It's amazing what a little water will do. My rear is sore and I can't find the a&d We have some other diaper rash ointment..and let me just say, they're not all created equal! Don't try aveeno (diaper rash ointment), it hurts worse!
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:06 PM

I learned that today, I also have Aquaphor, that and A&D are nice. I hope we can sleep tonight.
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:11 PM

Even vaseline is better...but aveeno, that nearly brought me to tears.

I doubt I'll be sleeping tonight...between my bowels and my nerves and pre-existing sleeping probs...10:30 will come quick tomorrow though...5 people in the house to get ready (myself and 2 more that I'm personally responsible for)..and then I think MIL and SIL are going to be here in the morn. I hope you sleep better than I'm sure I will (or won't).
Unread 10-09-2006, 06:16 PM

Tucks was a burning experience.

No I don't think I will sleep tonight either. I do hope you do, if not maybe I will see you on here tonight. If I don't see you..good luck tomorrow and I look foward to seeing you in the post op.
Cassie
Unread 10-11-2006, 09:51 PM

the nurse told me to bathe w/ anti bacterial soap before I head to the hospital. Should I only be using the A&D the night before during the "fun part" .. I'm suspecting I shouldn't have any traces of A&D on surgery day?
The 16th can't come soon enough .. wish it was here and gone. however, I'm totally a peace with the surgery. there is nothing I can do to make it go away so I'm embracing it. :-)
Unread 10-11-2006, 10:16 PM

Well sisters...the bowel prep is NOT the most fun part of your pending surgeries...My hysterectomy was surgery #5 for me....and a bowel prep has been an intricate part of all of them...unfortunately. I must say though, this last one (in preparation of the BIG ONE!) I took a product called Pico Salix...I live in Canada so I'm not sure of what it might be called in other countries--- but by far, it was the best tasting stuff I've had to endure --(note, the END results, so to speak, were exactly the same!) It's like inducing the flu --- I wish all you girls that are prepping for your surgeries well! But after 9 days post op-- let me tell you - -it only gets better, MUCH!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register