tightness is fascia trouble? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tightness is fascia trouble? tightness is fascia trouble?

Unread 06-09-2005, 06:06 PM
tightness is fascia trouble?

First, thank you to all the HSisters who have written to me with support. I needed itso much. Thak You!
Now, I saw the dr today and he is just the greatest. He could tell that the surgery was healing well, but he was very ticked that I had this tightness, pulling problem between my 2 inicisions. He didn't bow me off a bit. He actually could feel a lump now and he held his finger to it and had me situp, move off the table, and then while standing, ben over. He felt the whole problem tthat I have been experiencing. He doesn't think I have a hernia,or pulled muscle, and now he's not convinced it's just a hematoma. I did tellhim it's getting better VERY slowly. So he told me that I was to call him next week and I should feel better orthe lump should be smaller. And it should disappear completly in 2 weeks. (I'll be 6 wekks post-op by then) If no change he said he was going to have it scanned . What a great dr. He took me so seriously, and did the most thorough checkup I've ever had. He is thinks that something is wrong in the fascia. But he's not sure what would cause "that stupid lump".
I'm so glad I went. I gotta admit that I felt like a fool, since I wasn't in any real pain. The pain only happens when I sit.
Well, let's all hope for the best;
Thanks again everyone!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 07:42 PM

Oh, I'm so glad you took your concerns seriously. And especially glad that it is gradually improving. I know how desparately you want to be back to normal and how frustrating these problems can be. Lets hope it's completely gone when you go back.
Ashley
Unread 06-09-2005, 10:07 PM

thanks for the support Ashley. I really need it. I'm surprised and kinda down about this set back. But then I am so glad that it's not really the surgery but a
problem that popped up during recovery.
I just wish it would heal faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 02:36 PM

Hi Sisters!

Fascia problems can definitely cause tightness and lumps. Being a massage therapist, I've worked on tightness, bumps, lumps, scars, you name it! If it is the fascia causing your problem, you might consider doing some massage around it and over the area. It may be tender and a little uncomfortable. But, massage will break up the scar tissue and allow it to absorb into the body.

I've massaged my scar for several months now and the tissue around it. It has softened a LOT and will barely be noticeable on my 1 year hysterversary in Sept.

Good luck and hang in there!

HUGS!

Marianne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register