3week post-op w/maine cabin fever & blues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3week post-op w/maine cabin fever & blues 3week post-op w/maine cabin fever & blues

Unread 01-22-2006, 10:13 PM
3week post-op w/maine cabin fever & blues

hello hystersisters, it is refreshing to find a website like this, I spent 2.5 days in the hospital, since I have been home I have developed a uti & kidney infection. I would love to hear from other women for what they have gone through physically & emotionally. Any advice would help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2006, 10:35 PM

elanamaria
It's good to have you join us. You're in the wonderful company of other women who have had hysterectomies and are also looking for support and encouragement. I hope you enjoy being a part of our community.
I'm sorry you have struggled with infections. I hope you are doing better now. If you haven't had a chance yet you should look through the Checkpoints for information on what to expect at you stage of recovery and many good tips on what to do and not to do. There is also a lot of good information found in the Post-Op Hints. Take your time, look around and let us know if we can help.
's,Rita
Unread 01-23-2006, 01:15 PM

Hello Preciouspearl, thank you so much for responding to me, I will check out the post-op hints & checkpoints. Did you have any problems after your hysterectomy physically & emotionally? I hope all is well with you and one thing I am very happy about (no more monthly blessings)! Hope to here from you again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Hi there,
I am three weeks into recovery also. Bladder was stuck to cervix and still feels a bit strange now! I am taking cranberry extract tablets and drinking cranberry juice to try and prevent infection. Cranberry is really good for UTI and bladder health. Hope this helps
Herne x
Unread 01-23-2006, 03:19 PM

Elanamaria
Hi again...let me suggest when you do walk around....get outside for 15 to 20 minutes and have the sun right on your face or if you are lucky enough to have a porch with direct sunshine. I found that helpful with the Maine Winter Cabin Blues. Bask in the sun and feel it's warmth and get a good dose of natural vitamin D. Being from Maine myself, I do this daily (assuming a sunny day of course) to get through these winters. Helps the mood (for a while anyway)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register