my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from hysterectomy! (3/22) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from hysterectomy! (3/22) my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from hysterectomy! (3/22)

Unread 03-13-2016, 10:25 PM
my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from hysterectomy! (3/22)

My hysterectomy is 3/22, and my husband has come down with the flu. He's coughing and sniffling and aching. I'm paranoid about catching it and having to delay my surgery. What to do, other than make sure I'm extra-vigilant about washing my hands and keeping germ-free?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2016, 02:30 AM

My 2 boys 18 and 21 and husband are all sick. Honestly I am staying away as much as possible. They are also being royal pains in the neck. I am prepping to be out as a teacher, a major part of a community event Saturday and helping with the school play this weekend. They keep creating home issues - took car and ran battery out, eat. I am also working extra hours because I won't be able to after and we are broke. It's stressful for everyone. Hang in there!
Unread 03-14-2016, 06:18 AM

In addition to regular hand washing, avoid touching your eyes, nose,and mouth, because those are the easiest ways for the virus to enter your body. Also tell your husband that if he needs to cough, sneeze, or blow his nose, he should use a tissue, then throw it away, and wash his hands afterwards. Also, regularly disinfect high risk surfaces; this includes door handles, your kitchen countertop, your phone, and your TV remote. Hopefully following these tips will help you to stay healthy. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2016, 08:14 AM
Re: my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from surgery!

Big hugs? My hysterectomy is not till 4/8/2016. My hubby has a cold again , so understand thought you could use a hug.
Unread 03-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Re: my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from surgery!

Everyone was sick around me before my surgery! I washed my hands, kept hand sanitizer in my pocket for at work, and I didn't touch anyone. No kisses, hugs or sharing. I did NOT want my surgery pushed back! I made it to surgery day, but of course got hit with a horrible cold and sinus infection 1 week post op. Coughing was so fun...

Good luck! Hang in there!
Unread 03-15-2016, 10:36 AM

Mine is coming down with something too. he's being very good about keeping his distance. I think he doesn't want to risk dealing with me another 6wks till I can be rescheduled!! I'm probably not the easiest person anyway, but this is testing my bipolar meds severely!!
My biggest fear is he doesn't get over this soon, and I don't get any more sex until after the surgery!! I am ***** as everything right now, especially knowing I'm looking at so much down time. Taking matters into my own hands stinks!! Usually a really good O helps with these horrid cramps too.

Done done done with my un-happy cramper!!!!
Unread 03-15-2016, 05:07 PM
Re: my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from hysterectomy! (3/22)

My surgery is the same day! My DH came down with the flu the week before last. I asked him to cough into his sleeve if at all possible, if there wasn't a tissue around. He was very diligent about washing his hands before touching anything in the house, as was I. I try not to touch my nose, eyes and mouth at all unless I've just washed my hands or taken a shower. If there is a separate room that you or he could sleep in that may be helpful as well.

Best Wishes
Unread 03-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Re: my husband is sick, and I'm a week away from hysterectomy! (3/22)

He's been sleeping in the nest we were setting up for me post-surgery! It happened because he woke up in the middle of the night with a fever, so he went in there instead of waking me up.

He's still quite sick, coughing up phlegm all over the place. I'm still working, so at least I'm not here during the day. He's been sick enough to stay home from work, which he never does. So I'm also a bit worried about what we'll do next week when he was planning on staying home from work to take care of me. We'll have to figure that out when we get there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register