urge to organize and change things | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

urge to organize and change things urge to organize and change things

Unread 06-30-2006, 08:30 PM
urge to organize and change things

I seem to be having an urge to change things in my house and get organized. Maybe I'm just reacting to the anxiety. I have been cleaning like crazy and decluttering everything! I've thrown or given away furniture, fireplace screen, picture frames. Cleaned out closets, drawers. I got 6 inches of my hair cut off!! I even vacuumed behind the toilets! I have heard when a woman is expecting a baby this is called nesting, but what's it called now? At least I won't have to lay around looking at dust bunnies! I am resisting the urge to pack right now since I still have 2 weeks, but I have already gotten the bag out and chosen what to put in it. I can't sleep so I gotta do something. Am I weird?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2006, 08:40 PM

You are not weird! I nested like crazy before surgery too! And I got about 8 inches (more than I asked for) of my hair cut too. I also had bag packed one week early. I tell ya what though, no matter how much you clean now, you will still be driven crazy during recovery with dust bunnies, lol. You learn to love them.
Unread 06-30-2006, 08:42 PM

No, Your not weird. I'm doing basically the same thing and my surgery is on July 17th. It is kind of "nesting" thing, I think. I figure I won't be able to do some of these things while I'm recovering. I have to keep busy, just so I don't drive myself crazy - waiting is horrible. But you are right, we will be recovering in a nice clean house. Hugs from me to you. Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2006, 09:26 PM

if you are weird than i am guilty or it might be the surgery date july 14 just kidding my house will be spotless when i am done
Unread 06-30-2006, 09:41 PM

Glad to know I'm normal. I have a list as long as my on what I want done around here. I never was a neat freak, in fact I need some clutter. Mom wants to bring a friend of hers over to help. I don't her help. I don't know if I want help, but know I need it esp. since I'm moving furniture and in the middle of landscaping. About the hair, not sure if I'm shaving or hi-lighting, or both. Probably will happen during the 2 weeks BF is out of town.

My BF will be out of town for 2 weeks, which just happens to be the 2 weeks before my TAH. His plane for the second week lands at 9p.m. Friday nite and since his daily schedules change drastically when he works out town, he needs Saturday to recouperate. Sunday, the day before I visit "the castle" I get to do an all day bowel prep.
Unread 06-30-2006, 09:56 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one going cleaning crazy. I've clean, hung blinds, rearranged rooms, thrown out stuff, and keep planning "sit down" projects I can do afterwards! All in the name of "my mom's coming to stay with me" but I really think it is knowing later that I won't be able to do what I want to that I must overcompensate now. I almost think that I need the forced rest that is coming soon!

Also, I've tried to cram 2 months of work into the last weeks on my job!

I've also cut and colored my hair! So, looks like us princesses to be are all of the "motivated nesting" thoughts!

One week to go - I'm making myself take some time with my 12 year old DS this week. I'll clean again like crazy on Thursday - don't imagine I'll be sleeping anyway!
Unread 06-30-2006, 10:06 PM

i have cleaned more in a week than i thought after work i have alot to do i just opened a hair shop so now i have to close for 4 weeks its hard but i will make it i told one of my girls you have to do my hair next week lol it has been unreal stuff you do before but you will lay on your back for weeks so it has to be done . my mom is staying to and im staying at inlaws maybe i have a 7 yr old daughter (who made me a piture of us holding handsit said ill miss you when you have curge (surgery) she even colered my eyes brown of corse it made me cry )and a 3 year old son so with them ill need help more him than her.
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:27 AM

I had this happen. After being in bed or in the bathroom for 2 weeks, I went crazy cleaning. Unfortunately, it's still way too early for it to make a difference post-op As far as changes go....I will be returning to full-time work in the fall after *several years* being home or doing PT work. I had a "Provera meltdown" last night..complaining that I am way too old to be superwoman anymore and I'm going to either have help around the house or be reeaally unpleasant to live with....DH took it like a trooper and hopefully things will go well in the fall
Unread 07-01-2006, 08:55 PM

Cleaning frenzy? Been there, done that.

I had a "to do" list before surgery that would have put Martha Stewart to shame. One day, about 2 weeks before surgery, I caught myself washing clothes which were clean but had just gotten wrinkled in the drawer. That's right -- I was washing clean clothes. Now mind you, I am not exactly the model housekeeper.

After I got done laughing I decided maybe it was time to take a step back. So I did the only reasonable thing -- I went shopping instead!

to all.
Unread 07-01-2006, 10:00 PM

Gads, then me settgin my yard in order on top of all the cleaning may be odd.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register