Tranexamic acid... iud....endometrial biopsy: UPDATED - results - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tranexamic acid... iud....endometrial biopsy: UPDATED - results Tranexamic acid... iud....endometrial biopsy: UPDATED - results

Unread 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Re: Tranexamic acid... iud....entrometrical biospy.

Tracy, I think the tranexamic acid made my migraines worse too it's so hard to find a balance on what works best for the migraines, plus controls the bleeding - very frustrating. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2014, 12:15 PM

I hear you. {EM}.

I can see my gyns point. He wants to try everything. The more I read about minera (perforated uterus, uncontrolled bleeding, migraines) the more I dont want it. I have a very badly tilted uterus. I cant imagine that thing going in smoothly. Heck my uterus is still bleeding badly and very crampy froom the biopsy on tuesday!
Unread 04-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Biopsy sounds horrible, I never had one, you poor thing. It's definitely good to know in your own mind that you have tried all potential options before making any more permanent decisions.
Unread 04-03-2014, 01:05 PM

I did have a biopsy before surgery, it was uncomfortable. I was crampy all day, and had to go to work right after! Fun.

The mirena did hurt going in, much more than the biopsy (not trying to scare you, but I am honest). When it came out it was horrible, I was passing enormous clots, it was almost like after birth. Nasty stuff.

I went against my gut on the Mirena, DH and doc were both saying it will help you, try it. So I did, and I cried as I was leaving the doctors office because I *knew* it was the wrong thing to do. After it came out my pain went through the roof and hasn't settled much since. This was more than a year ago.

My advice is, if you are seriously doubting it, I wouldn't try it. I know it works for some women, but not all. I went through all this and still am waiting for relief. Stand up for yourself, I wish I did.
Unread 04-23-2014, 04:46 PM
yeah!! Gyn appointment today..

Got my endometrial biospy results... no cancer!
Hormone levels are fine.

I gave him my side on why I dont want an IUD. He said fine. Lap hysterectomy it is! Dont know when. Could be in sept (this is due to me not wanting to be home with the kids all summer trying to recover).

He gave me fibristal to help with the bleeding and pain.......

Lets hope I can get in before July......
Unread 04-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Re: yeah!! Gyn appointment today..

I hope so too Yay!!! You will love it! I had an IUD twice and both times it expelled. The Hysterectomy is a better option!

Lisa
Unread 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrified View Post
I tried EVERYTHING including 9 months of Lupron, Depo Provera, Danazol and the list goes on.

Here is where I am at 18 months after surgery. I can go anywhere without a suitcase of feminine products. I no longer need to carry mountains of towels in my car. I have a beautiful white bikini not to mention many other white clothing. I have beautiful underwear. I am no longer in pain or confined to bed. That's where I was at months before surgery. NO MORE CSI CRIME SCENES!!!

My fear and stupidity kept me from having this surgery long ago. I paid dearly because of the fibroids. Lost 2/3 of my blood supply, had 2 strokes and 4 blood transfusions before emergency surgery. I was literally dying.

Today I am living. Living well. PLEASE don't let fear of surgery over take you. It makes for irrational thinking. My husband took over decisions for my care when I was no longer able to think clearly and he is the reason I am here, happy and living life to the fullest!!

Recovery? Yeah it takes a while, but remember it's your time to be pampered and your recovery will go smooth as long as you follow your doctors orders. I took 12 weeks to recover, although I was feeling pretty great at 6 weeks. I still don't do anything that makes me uncomfortable.

My personal advice to you is, get it done and over with. No more temporary fixes for me I'm done!!

Good luck in whatever you decide. We are here for you!
Thank you so very much for sharing ♡ you've made me feel so much better in my decision.
Unread 04-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Re: Tranexamic acid... iud....endometrial biopsy: UPDATED - results

I just had a biopsy done on the 23rd - did not enjoy it one bit!!! And 4 days later I started my cycle. So go ahead and call me Mrs. Grumpy Pants. Question: what is a lap hysterectomy?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register